The June 17th episode of Satyamev Jayate is about ‘Domestic violence’. Several startling facts and key issues were raised during the show, here are some of them..
- When the Satyamev Jayate team visits Bhabha Hospital in Mumbai, it was revealed that nearly 40% of the women admitted there were for cases of Domestic Violence!
- Domestic Violence isn’t only restricted to poor families in villages, independent educated women are victims too.
- Children are the biggest victims of Domestic violence
- Husbands need to be human!
- Property related issues are one of the major reasons of Domestic Violence.
Question of the day – Is beating a woman, a sign of masculinity? If your answer is yes type Y and send it to 5782711 and if your answer is no type N and send it to the same number. You can send as many SMSes as you want. All of it goes to charity.
Watch the June 17th episode of Satyamev Jayate with subtitles below
You can also watch all the other episodes
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 1 (Female Foeticide)
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 2 (Child Sexual Abuse)
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 3 (Big Fat Indian Wedding)
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 4 (Is love a crime?)
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 5 (Honor Killing)
- Satyamev Jayate Episode 6 (Persons with Disabilities)