With about a week to go – it’s finally time for the pre-release coverage of Ek Tha Tiger. Obviously, the film has a lot riding on it and the trade has humungous expectations from the Salman Khan – Katrina Kaif starrer.
- Ek Tha Tiger is the costliest film that Yashraj Films has ever produced. Insiders say, the film cost Rs 80 crores to produce and market.
- It’s Salman’s first release in the last one year. The expectations are high, since Khan has delivered back-to-back blockbusters during EID (Dabangg in 2010 and Bodyguard in 2012).
- ETT is produced by the biggest production house in the industry and features two of the biggest names in the business – Salman and Katrina.
- And finally, Ek Tha Tiger has an extended weekend of 5 days. Plus it has the added benefit of a holiday on Monday.
So what are the records that Ek Tha Tiger chases next weekend?
- First day : When Bodyguard absolutely smashed the 14.5 crore record of Dabangg, by more than 40%, not many expected any film to come close until Salman’s next holiday release. But Hrithik Roshan’s Agneepath broke the record by 5% to top the list.
- Biggest day : Shahrukh Khan currently holds the record for the highest single-day collections, as Ra One on the second day of it’s release, notched up close to 23 crore nett (Hindi version only). Can ETT break both records on 15th August?
- First Weekend (3 days) : Another record that SRK holds will be in the firing line during the holy festival of EID. Ra One also tops the list of the highest weekend, with 52.93 crores (Hindi only) in the first 3 days of it’s release.
- First Sunday : Akshay Kumar’s last release Rowdy Rathore currently holds the top spot. But the film was able to break the record, as released on Friday. It’s ‘first Sunday’ was the 3rd day of release. Since Ek Tha Tiger is releasing on Wednesday and Sunday will be it’s 5th day, a lot will depend on content and word-of-mouth.
- First Week (7 days) : This time it’ll be Salman competing with himself, as his last release Bodyguard created history by grossing Rs 100 crore in the first 7 days.
- Second Weekend : Content will be the absolute king, if the film has to come close to the 34 crore record currently held by 3 Idiots. This is one record, where we seriously doubt ETT will come anywhere close.
- Lifetime Collections : The biggest of the lot! Salman Khan recently said that it’s shameful that no film has come close to 3 Idiots in 3 years. †Even with multiplexes in every nook and corner of the country and rising ticket prices, no film has managed to cross the 150 crore barrier. Can Ek Tha Tiger do it? Well, a lot would depend on the content again. Presence of a major star, popular music, universal appeal and strong word-of-mouth are all very important if any film has to break into the 200 crore club.
So then, those are the 7 records that Ek Tha Tiger chases when it finally releases next weekend. We believe, the film is capable of smashing all of them – except the second weekend of 3 Idiots.
There’s more for the individuals involved too..
- Salman Khan: It could be a hattrick of ‘blockbusters’ during EID for Salman and his 4th 100 crore grosser.
- Katrina Kaif: She’s the most popular star in the industry, but none of her films (as a lead) feature in the 100 crore club.
- Yashraj Films: Like Katrina, the biggest production house too doesn’t have a 100 crore film to it’s credit? They would want that to change. Wouldn’t they?
What do you think? Which records will Ek Tha Tiger break? Tell us in the comments section below.
If you liked reading the article, hit the ‘Like’ button below or share on Twitter.
all of them except for 3 idiots worldwide gross which is 385cr.
Ek tha tiger will break all the record by huge margin..
All the record going to break this time.
we are expecting all these to b broken by ETT, and why not we should expect as salman khan and action massala film by yrf which is famous for its quality and business strategy..All the best ETT
First day, biggest day, first weekend and first week – these 3 records will be broken. For the rest, Ek Tha Tiger will have to be a really good film. Second weekend looks impossible even if its a great film.
@Indicine.. you should have included Worldwide as well. But then maybe there is no chance as masala films dont do well there.
trailler is really excellent and i b’lieve that this movie will work every where in single,multiplex, oveeseas market as well…..
nd also salman career first film in yasraj
ETT WILL COME IN 2ND POSITION AFTER 3 IDIOTS IN LIFETIME COLLECTIONS.EVERY OTHER RECORD WILL BE BROKEN EXCEPT THIS BCOZ IT IS VERY DIFFICULT.
i thnk d first 2 records wil be broken in d first day itself….nd the biggest record of dem all…i:e 200 cr record collections will nd only be broken by dis awesome muvie…sure shot…hve a little doubt dat it wil break the worldwide record of 3 idiots….but anythng cn hapen….as salman is salman….hopefully EK THA aur EK HI RHEGA TIGER….
All records will be smashed and wiped out like a herd of donkey,s during monsoon season , no record will persist in front of bahi,s movie , ATBB for sure…
Honestly speaking All the records are gonna be broken except 2nd weekend and lifetime collections.
real tiger is coming
All records ex. 3 idiots 2nd weekend collection as it is impossible for a movie which take such a solid start becoz maximum ppl will watch it during its first week. And also salman starrer do well in its first weekend bcoz of him. None of his movie can break dat record becoz content of his movies is not dat gud it just a masala film.
none of the records will break by ett
india- 190 cr
overseas- 50 cr
AAMIR N SALMAN R THE BIGGEST SUPERSTARS OF BOLLYWOOD.SRK FANS COMPARES SRK WITH THEM N TRIES TO MAKE SRK BIG.
Records are never new to salman as he started creating records from his first film to yesterday’s Bodyguard.
But it is really a matter to think how 3 idiots grossed 34 crores in its 2nd week with no such gr8 story.This really depends on its luck & fate of the film which can’t be guessed by anyone.Rest all the records will be broken with a very ease.Good luck for EK THA TIGER.
tiger will roar all the records
cnt wait to see
Tiger will break all the records of Bollywood Industry history :)
Ek tha tiger Break all records sure.guaranteed 100%.
202 crore is difficult…i doubt whether it can cross rowdy rathore records and became highest dis year….
There is no doubt that both Salman & Amir are the only superstars who have started records then and trending till today.Few are as below 1.Amir is the only hero in bollywood to win a national award for his debut film as a hero in Qayamat se qayamat tak.
2.Salman khan is the only hero in bollywood to give an ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER HIT with his first film as a hero in Maine pyaar kiya.
3.Amir khan has introduced Oscar award to Indian cinema with his film Lagaan which has nominated in the ocsar awards list.
4.Salman has introduced the first 100 crore film in bollywood by breaking the gross collections of Sholay with his 2nd All time blockbuster Hit Hum aapke hain koun.
4.Amir khan has crossed the 100 crores film with his film Ghajini & started a new record of 202 crores with 3 idiots and delivered 3 back to back hits with ghajini,taare jameen par and 3 idiots out of which 2 of them ghajini & 3 idiots were All Time Blockbuster Hits.
5.Salman khan’s starrer Dabangg has broke the lifetime collections of ghajini by huge marjin and broke the opening day collections of 3 idiots & broke the first day & first week collections of dabangg with his film Bodyguard and set a new record of hattrick blockbusters in a period of 11 months from sep 2010 to aug 2011 in the form of dabangg,ready & bodyguard.Out of which dabangg and bodyguard were All Time Blockbuster Hits & Ready was declared as a blockbuster but according to boxoffice of india it was an All Time Blckbuster Hit by its collections as it stood 2nd highest grosser of 2011.
6.Finally it is proud to say that both Amir & Salman won National awards for children based films Taare jameen par & Chillar party which were produced by them.
So the final conclusion from the above points is that it is Salman & Amir who are consistently having a healthy & friendly competition and are creating new records by breaking each others past records.So i request eveyone that please dont bring others into this competition as they are no near in comparison with the top most Biggest Superstars from the past 23 years to till date & forever.
3 idiots ran for 4 months to touch 200 crs mark.And if ETT touches it in 1 month,it won’t be considered as epic like 3 idiots.Just a blockbuster.And am sure ETT won’t run for more that 1 month.!!
EK THA HIJRA
Not imposible for King Khan, Ek Tha Tiger will must break A to Z All Record of Bollywood History’s.
Can’t break 3 idiots record
Its impossible to break 3 idiots lifetime collection and 2nd week collection..
It won’t be that great film..
I DONíT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS SRK FANS COMMENTS.EVERYTIME THEY GETS THUMBS DOWN.
Sorry to say that its not shahrukhs film who struggles to beat ready.
This is Being King Khan’s movie who makes 148 cr only by his Kingdom just in India. Just 7 days to go for once more Biggest ATBB movie of Salman Khan
Salman Khan is undoubtedly one of the worst actors in bollywood. 3 movies of his that became superhits are just plain nonsense. He can’t “Act” at all. People, grow up. Comparing his movies to quality like 3 idiots is such a shame. Look at hollywood, at least they release meaningful films, that have a genuine appeal worldwide. Such cheap movies become superhits, it clearly proves that indian audience’ s IQ is low internationally.