Here are some excerpts from an NDTV article, that should hopefully put some assumptions (including some of our own) to rest!
- An NDTV source says “Shah Rukh wanted this to be top secret because he knew that if anyone caught wind of it, it would appear that Karan had helped with the direction of the entire film, when he had only dropped in for a one-off token shoot.”
- Karan Johar was reportedly roped in to help with the shooting of an emotional scene in the film, because Sinha was tied up with the shooting of another scene.
- An upset SRK said “People are trying to take away credit from Anubhav, claiming it was Karan who directed the film. That is hogwash. Karan directed one scene and Tarun Mansukhani came to the sets to learn about the action.”
- When Rajnikanth shot for Ra One, SRK stayed away letting Anubhav Sinha take control. Says one more source to NDTV “SRK introduced Anubhav Sinha to Rajinikanth, as the director of the film, and each time the southern star had a doubt about his scene and approached Shah Rukh he was guided to Sinha.”
- After the scene was shot, SRK also stayed away from the editing room.