Filmfare Awards introduced in the year 1954 is the oldest and the most coveted trophy of the Hindi Film Industry also known as Bollywood. Out of more than 20 categories and trophies presented each year, the Filmfare Best Actor Award is something that the whole industry and fans look forward to. Its also the most fiercely competed and discussed category, as those nominated for the Best Actor award are usually a combination of immense popularity and talent.
The Filmfare Best Actor records
- Dilip Kumar has been nominated 19 times and won 8 awards. The legend is also the only actor to win 3 back to back awards.
- Shahrukh Khan has been nominated 30 times (all categories) and has won the Best Actor award 8 times, a record which he shares with Dilip Kumar.
- Amitabh Bachchan has been nominated for a record 29 times but has won just 5 awards.
- Hrithik Roshan has been nominated 9 times and has won 4 trophies. Hrithik is the first and only actor to win both the Best Actor and Best Debut awards in the same year (for Kaho Na Pyaar Hai). And the first actor to win both the Best Actor critics and popular award (for Koi Mil Gaya).
- Rajesh Khanna has received 14 nominations and has won just 3.
The Top 5 received Best Actor awards for
- Dilip Kumar – Daag, Azaad, Devdas, Naya Daur, Kohinoor, Leader, Ram Aur Shyam and Shakti
- Shahrukh Khan – Baazigar, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Devdas, Swades, Chak De India, My Name Is Khan.
- Amitabh Bachchan – Amar Akbar Anthony, Don, Hum, Black and Paa.
- Hrithik Roshan – Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Koi Mil Gaya, Dhoom 2 and Jodha Akbar.
- Rajesh Khanna – Saccha Jhoota, Anand and Aavishkaar
Other Filmfare Best Actor Award Facts
- Aamir Khan has received 16 nominations but won just 2.. Aamir doesnt attend Indian award functions (except the National Award) as he feels they lack credibility and consistency.
- Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have never won a Filmfare Best Actor Award.
Full list of Filmfare Best Actor winners 1954 – 2009
- 1954 – Dilip Kumar (Daag)
- 1955 – Bharat Bhooshan (Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu)
- 1956 – Dilip Kumar (Azaad)
- 1957 – Dilip Kumar (Devdas)
- 1958 – Dilip Kumar (Naya Daur)
- 1959 – Dev Anand (Kala Pani)
- 1960 – Raj Kapoor (Anari)
- 1961 – Dilip Kumar (Kohinoor)
- 1962 – Raj Kapoor (Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai)
- 1963 – Ashok Kumar (Rakhi)
- 1964 – Sunil Dutt (Mujhe Jeene Do)
- 1965 – Dilip Kumar (Leader)
- 1966 – Sunil Dutt (Khandaan)
- 1967 – Dev Anand (Guide)
- 1968 – Dilip Kumar (Ram Aur Shyam)
- 1969 – Shammi Kapoor (Brahmachari)
- 1970 – Ashok Kumar (Ashirwad)
- 1971 – Rajesh Khanna (Sacha Jhutha)
- 1972 – Rajesh Khanna (Anand)
- 1973 – Manoj Kumar (Be-Imaan)
- 1974 – Rishi Kapoor (Bobby)
- 1975 – Rajesh Khanna (Aavishkar)
- 1976 – Sanjeev Kumar (Aandhi)
- 1977 – Sanjeev Kumar (Arjun Pandit)
- 1978 – Amitabh Bachchan (Amar Akbar Anthony)
- 1979 – Amitabh Bachchan (Don)
- 1980 – Amol Palekar (Golmaal)
- 1981 – Naseeruddin Shah (Aakrosh)
- 1982 – Naseeruddin Shah (Chakra)
- 1983 – Dilip Kumar (Shakti)
- 1984 – Naseeruddin Shah (Masoom)
- 1985 – Anupam Kher (Saaransh)
- 1986 – Kamal Haasan (Saagar)
- 1987 – Due to security reasons, the awards ceremony was not held.
- 1988 – Due to security reasons, the awards ceremony was not held.
- 1989 – Anil Kapoor (Tezaab)
- 1990 – Jackie Shroff (Parinda)
- 1991 – Sunny Deol (Ghayal)
- 1992 – Amitabh Bachchan (Hum)
- 1993 – Anil Kapoor (Beta)
- 1994 – Shah Rukh Khan (Baazigar)
- 1995 – Nana Patekar (Krantiveer)
- 1996 – Shah Rukh Khan (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge)
- 1997 – Aamir Khan (Raja Hindustani)
- 1998 – Shah Rukh Khan (Dil To Pagal Hai)
- 1999 – Shah Rukh Khan (Kuch Kuch Hota Hai)
- 2000 – Sunjay Dutt (Vaastav)
- 2001 – Hrithik Roshan (Kaho Naa Pyar Hai)
- 2002 – Aamir Khan (Lagaan)
- 2003 – Shahrukh Khan (Devdas)
- 2004 – Hrithik Roshan (Koi Mil Gaya)
- 2005 – Shahrukh Khan (Swades)
- 2006 – Amitabh Bachchan (Black)
- 2007 – Hrithik Roshan (Dhoom 2)
- 2008 – Shahrukh Khan (Chak De India)
- 2009 – Hrithik Roshan (Jodha Akbar)
- 2010 – Amitabh Bachchan (Paa)
- 2011 – Shahrukh Khan (My Name Is Khan)
- 2012 – Ranbir Kapoor (Rockstar)
Something for you to comment on
- Any actor that you feel didnt deserve the Best Actor award for his performance in a film? (See the full list above)
- Do you think Filmfare has been unfair to the likes of Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar or any particluar actor?
- Since 2000, the Best Actor awards have surrounded around Shahrukh Khan (3) and Hrithik Roshan (4), are they truly the best actors today?
- Do you think Filmfare is ignoring great performances in smaller and less popular films? Like Naseeruddin Shah for A Wednesday, Rajeev Khandelwal for Aamir in 2009?
- Should Filmfare ditch the current system of 50% Jury and 50% audience votes; and give more importance to critical acclaim than popularity / mass appeal of a film / performance / actor?
I thnk this time around the winners were to some extent fair only some extent.
I still believed A wednesday wud have bagged more…
As far the above list is concerned the awards were completely unfair during 2003-2008. It was more of a Yash Raj awards, though Hritik deserved for Koi Mil gaya and kaho naa pyar hai.
but i still cant digest SRK’s Devdas & Swades.
As far as Salman, Akshay & Aamir are concerned wel i thought Akshay cud hav got it for Waqt/Garam Masala may be. Sanjay Dutt for Lage raho….
Hope it starts changing n doesnt just become for big stars for thr star power.
Every time I write a response, I always tell myself that this will be the last but everytime Indicine comes up with such excellent and thought-provoking notions that I simply cannot resist putting in my two-cents worth. So first of all, thank you Indicine team for coming up with such brilliant points of discussion.
In my opinion, Dilip Kumar’s awards are well-deserved. He was an actor of real substance, an expert of showing emotions and also very good in romantic and comic scenes. He’s a true legend.
I am surprised, very surprised, that he did not win for Madhumati, Ganga Jamana, Gopi and Uran Khatola.
Filmfare has indeed been very unfair to Ranjendra Kumar [he should have won for Aman], Dharmendra [Satyakam, Phool Aur Patthar, Chupke Chupke, Sholay] and Jeetendra [Suhaag Raat, Dharti Kahe Pukaar Ke, Gunaho Ka Devta, Ek Hi Bhool]. These were fine actors and should have at least received one or two awards each.
Filmfare has been VERY UNFAIR to Amitabh Bachhan who was marvelous in Sholay, Deewaar and Akhri Rasta. I also cannot believe that he did not win for Zanjeer.
Also, Rajesh Khanna’s performances in Amar Prem, Kati Patang and Avtar have been shamefully overlooked.
Now the question arises that if stalwart actors such as Rajendra Kumar [whose majority of films were jubilees], Dharmendra [who had more hits than even BigB] and Jeetendra had no awards then what is the justification behind the fact that SRK has seven awards???! This is indeed preposterous and shows clearly why, over the years, these awards have lost their credibility…
I once again reiterate that SRK should only have gotten an award for Chakde India. For all the others, there were better and more deserving performers such as Amir Khan [Rangeela, Sarfarosh, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Mann], Ajay Devgan [Legend of Bhagat Singh], Anil Kapoor [Virasat] etc. No wonder, and I dont blame him at all, Amir Khan has stopped attending Indian Award functions.
Therefore from the above list, awards for Sanjeev Kumar in Aandhi, and Amol Palekar for Golmaal were not well deserved. Also, I would like to ask why the years 87 and 88 are missing from your list? Did Anil Kapoor not win any award for Ishwar? And what about Sajan? Did Sanjay Dutt not win an award for this film? Please enlighten.
Filmfare were the first to start off the silsila of awards and that is why we still respectfully wait to see who will win these awards year after year. But with their obvious bias for SRK who HAS to be nominated for each and every role and who has been given so many of these coveted black ladies undeservedly, I feel it is high time that the Indian Government steps in and creates a proper body such as an Academy to judge and give out these awards. Such an Academy should comprise of all members of Bollywood, technicians and actors all together, and each sector should vote in their respective categories i.e. all editors should vote for the Best Editing Award, all actors male should vote for Best Actor Award male, etc. ALL members of Bollywood should vote for the Best Film. This is exactly how the Oscars are determined. In addition, a seperate award ceremony should be kept for Viewer’s Choices [Popular] like the MTVs. In this ceremony awards should be given out based on people’s votes only, so by this suggestion magazines such as Filmfare, Stardust etc should just concentrate on their gossip mongering and leave the issue of awards to the peers who will be able to rightfully judge and determine the deserving receipients.
Finally, I request Indicine to kindly publish a list of Best Films and Best Female Actors since 1954. I am so appreciative of this gesture because now I am determined to look for and watch films such as Rakhi, Mujhe Jeene Do, Arkrosh and Krantiveer, films which I have not watched but for which actors have won awards.
Once again thank you Indicine and allow me to sign off now….
i was surprised when i looked at the list. i think Anil kapoor should have got awards for Ram Lakan, Parinda, Eshwar etc. Sanjeev Kumar should have received more awards, he was one of the best actors ever. Hrithik deserved the awards he got. he was so good. not even Sharukh could fight that one. all he and his camp could do was insult/make jokes of Hrithik at the functions. the awards have lost their credibility.
Shahrukh deserved all his 7 awards. And will do it again!!!!
Just wait as I said in 2007 when Hrithik won for Dhoom2.
The King doesn’t deserve for Devdas and Swades???
And Hrithik does for Koi Mil Gaya and Ka ho Naa Pyar????
The One and Only King Of Bollywood : King Khan Shahrukh Khan God Bless him
If he didn’t win the award this it’s only bcz he did it last year and they worried if they gave him it
you say that he paid for it. Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just go and watch vote in websites and you will see
im reli happy tht srk got loadz of awards. but y was shahid left out?
Hrithik deserved all the awards he got. He is the best male actor that Bollywood has at the present time. He scores very high on all the aspects required in Hindi cinema, acting, dancing, physical fitness and of course his Greek God like looks. No one can match up to him in these aspects. The fact that he works very hard for his movies is very obvious. Each role is so different from another, yet he literally lives each character.
There are lot more actors deserves the best actor awards than Shahrurh Khan, but SRK pays to filmfare for his awards. There are lot of good movies that deserves awards, but filmfare always have favorisam towards
SRK. As for recent example on this year filmfare awards that sukhwinder singh got best singer for rab na banyi jodi and how about best scene to the same film from filmfare. This movie should not deserve
any awards, but filmfare got paid from SRK to look good. K.K should got best singer award khuda janne
for bachana hasino or gardhish for gajjani. The reason for more nomination for SRK because he bought
filmfare to get his awards. Look at this Amitabh got nominated 28 times and got 4 awards for best
actor and SRK got nominated 18 and got 7 awards, now you tell me who is doing who favor.
shahrukhkhann will be break all record of best actore award soon.. after yousaf khann (dil kumar) the only actor in india.. who is top of the top.. i think he also deserv best actor award.. in 2000 for mohabbatain.. he is also deserv.. best actore award.. in 2003 in kal ho na hoo.. n also he deserv in 2005 for best actor award.. for pehali.. n also he deserv in 2006 for best actor for don.. but i dont now y he not got.. he is only one person who belive in hardworking.. shahrukhkhann only one person who has 3.2 bilion fans in the world.. but film fair always not fair with shahrukhann.. its very bad.. shahrukhann only one actor in the indian film industry.. who now about acting.. but i dont now y he not got best actor award in.. mohabbatain.. kal ho na ho, peheli, n don
I agree with Dr. R. C Patel and Sandy.
Btw, it just goes to show that SRK fans/camp etc are really jealous/envious of Hrithik’s wins. Notice how they have picked on this issue and are not at all interested in the actual topic at hand. Aw, poor SRK and his fans. Instead of fighting for him unreasonably, they should encourage him to hon his talent.
ABD, would love to read your views on the topic :)
I think Hrithik and SRK are both stand outs and that is deserved. Why does anyone need to knock another actor because their favorite didn’t win. It wasn’t due to the attack of the other star. They were just doing a job to the best of their ability. I am pleased they all keep at it and they all deserve audience support for what they give us.
I do think Hrithik deserves it for Koi Mil Gaya as it was a sustained believable and sensitive portrayal. If you put this next to Jodha Akbar and perhaps Dhoom 2 you see the huge range of diverse acting talents he has.
Would be good for a lot of regular more minor support actors to have an award sometimes. The solid regulars who play fathers, mothers, best friends, servants or even comic side kicks. There are so many in this category who add solidity to movies and deserve recognition. They aren’t the major ‘supporting actor
but they lift the whole emotional climate of movies with their presence.
Thanks for an interesting article.
amjad khan should have won the best actor award for his character gabbar singh in the film ‘sholay’. his acting was mind blowing and made the gabbar singh character a bollywood icon amongst villains. even the dialogues today are talked about.
amitabh bhachan should have won the best actor award both in 1973 for zanjeer and in 1974 for deewar. again his acting in both of these films was mind blowing and masterclass in acting.
and also perhaps for sholay as well.
rajesh khanna deserved the best actor award in 1983 for the film avtaar.
mithun chakraborty deserved the best actor award for the films pyari behna and prem pratiggya, where his acting was above the norm and outstanding.
vinod khanna should have won the best actor award for his sensitive and powerful performance in the 1981 film qurbani.
shah rukh khan deserved the best actor award for kabhie haan kabhie naa.
these are just a few examples of injustices that occured in the filmfare awards, and further proof that the awards are fixed , and are given to the flavour of the season actor !
I agree with u KHANN.
SHAHRUKH deserve the best actor award for MOHABBATAIN, KAL HO NAA HO, PAHELI, DON, RABNE BANA DI JODI but i also don’t know why he not got best actor award. WHY ????????????
hrithik deserves all his awards, he acted really good. srk did not deserve all of those award he got. i am not sure why akshay kumar did not receieve any awards yet, thats some bs!
Very interesting list i c Naseeruddin Shah bagging 3 and Amol palekar for Golmaal, its good that even comedy was a contender for best actor, anywayz I wont comment on the pre-90’s actors.
To me till 95 the awards given were for genuinely good acting.
Since 95 filmfare started concentrating more on the actors in BIG HITS than real acting skills
these are some of my selections for awards post ’95
Aamir /Arvind Swamy(Bombay) deserved it for 96 than SRK(DDLJ).
Sunny Deol(Ghatak) than Aamir (RH) in 97
Sunny Deol(Border/Ziddi)/Anil K(Virasat) than SRK(DTPH) in 98
99 was a shocker for me wen SRK got it for KKHH this yr it’s truly desrving candidates were “Satya” fame actor/Aamir K(Ghulam)/SRK(Dil se)
’00 was the toughest for filmfare may b bcoz thr was no HIT SRK movie this yr again i believe Aamir(Sarfarosh)/Akshay K(Jaanwar) had a chance
post 2000 i dont want to comment, it was like either giv it to SRK or Hrithik though he deserved for KMG
BTW Amitabh deserved it for Khakee rather than Black
This yr it was all over written that it was none other than “Naseerudin Shah”
So I watch Filmfare award nites for some performances esp. Akshay Kumar(somthin’s always diff wit his performance) thats al and to get shocked by the winners
I know plp hav many things to say abt my comments esp. SRK fans but may b u guys too knw the fact that thr were other more deserving candidates may be SRK cud hav got most of the awards in Popular category.
“Madness is like Gravity all it needs is a little…. PUSH”
Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan have yet to get Best Actor Awards. They have all given some memorable performance no doubt. Let’s take a look and see if they really were jipped, or was there just someone else that truly performed better that year..!
Salman Khan – here are a list of his truly memorable performances
1995 – hum aapke hain kaun – great performance, he was nominated for best actor but this truly was Nana Patekar’s year as Nana Patekar even won the national award for best actor for Krantiveer
1996 – Karan Arjun – another great performance… I think he matched if not surpassed King khan in this movie.. he was nominated. King Khan won it for DDLJ although I think Aamir deserved it more for Akele Hum Akele Tum.. but it was def between the two..!
1997 – Khamoshi – This was probably one of Salman Khan’s best performances yet he wasn’t even nominated for the best actor’s award. Instead Manisha Koriala deservingly so won all the accolades. Despite this, I think this year was either Sunny Deol’s (Ghatak) or Aamir Khan (Raja Hindustani) who eventually won it.
2000 Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam – Again great performance but just like what happened with Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and Khamoshi, the female lead won all of the accolades. He was nominated. This was definitely Sanjay Dutt’s or Aamir Khan’s year. Sanjay Dutt in Vaastav was unbelievable but so was Aamir in Sarfarosh but sadly again not Salman…
2004 Tere Naam: This is by far Salman’s Best Peformance of his career. It was a great comeback film for him. But its just his luck. Salman was great.. but who can forget Hrithik’s act in Koi Mil Gaya. This was one for the ages, and Hrithik deservingly won best actor and best actor critics for Koi Mil Gaya.
2005 Garv: I thought Salman should have been nominated for this movie as he gave an amazing performance. He probably had a good shot at winning for Best Actor Critics but Pankaj Kapoor got it for Maqbool which I have not seen so I cannot say if Salman should have gotten it or not.
So.. there we have it, I have gone through some of his best performances. I think with Salman, its just bad timing. For example, Tere Naam had to release the year Koi Mil Gaya came out because that year the Best Actor and Best Actor Critics was awarded to Hrithik deservingly by practically every award ceremony except the National Awards. Same thing happened when Nana Patekar had his act with Krantiveer which could not be ignored!! There you have it Salman Khan fans.. he has given some of the biggest hits ever, but just cannot seem to get a best actor’s award, or any award for that matter (the supporting actor award he got for kuch kuch hota hai was ridiculous because he had a special appearance but I will just disregard that for now)!! sad but true…
Now lets look at all of the awards from 2001 onwards…
2000 – Sunjay Dutt (Vaastav) – it was either him or Aamir khan for Sarfarosh… Sanjay Dutt definitely gave a knockout performance though
2001 – Hrithik Roshan (Kaho Naa Pyar Hai) – Some may argue that SRK should have gotten it for Mohabbatein.. and SRK did get his recognition as he got best actor critics. This was definitly Hrithik’s award though… very well deserved… Not only he got the Filmfare for Kahoo Naa Pyaar Hai but got best actor for practically ever award ceremony.. of which a jury/fraternity choose the nominations and winners (Star Screen)
2002 – Aamir Khan (Lagaan) – It was either him for Lagaan or Sunny Deol for Gadar.. I think this was one of those years where you just gave the award to both of them!!
2003 – Shahrukh Khan (Devdas) – SRK was excellent as devdas.. but I’m not too sure about this one. I thought Ajay Devgan deserved it more for his act in Company..
2004 – Hrithik Roshan (Koi Mil Gaya) – No question about it!! everyone gave him best actor and best actor critics.. very well deserved!!!
2005 – Shahrukh Khan (Swades) – This was a year SRK was nominated for 3 movies Swades, Veer Zaara and Main Hoon Na,, The other nominees were Aamitabh for Khakhe and Hrithik for Lakshya.. This year was probably one of the toughest in recent times. First off, Saif Ali khan who eventually won the National award for best actor in Hum Tum should have been nominated… Also it was claimed by many critics that Aamitabh gave one of his finest performances in Khakhee.. I would probably go with him on this one!! sorry SRk!
2006 – Amitabh Bachchan (Black) – just like with hrithik’s Koi Mil Gaya no question about it!!
2007 – Hrithik Roshan (Dhoom 2) – this one is completely wrong I think. First off, SRK should not have been nominated for either Don or KANK. Instead it should have been Ajay Devgan and Aamir Khan for Omkara and Fanaa. The other nominees were and should have been Hrithik for Krrish/Dhoom2, Aamir for Rang De Basanti and Sanjay Dutt for Lage Raho Munnabhai. Hrithik should have won it but for Krrish… his performance is Krrish is better than Dhoom 2 although is act in Dhoom 2 is probably in the top 6 or so performances of the year!
2008 – Shahrukh Khan (Chak De India) – this was a tough one between Darsheel and SRK.. with both giving great performances… this was probably one of SRK’s finest of his career so I will give him this one.. Darsheel won critics so its all good!
2009 – Hrithik Roshan (Jodha Akbar) – Again this one is absolutely right. The nominees were good too.. Some way Nasser Sir should have gotten it, I think he should have gotten acclaim which he did, but this was and is Hrithik’s Award.. Just watch JA!
Questions? Comments? Just Post it!
Awesome article. Great topic to discuss on. I am in bit of a hurry so cant submit my detailed comment, which I will be posting soon.
Couldn’t resist replying to the comment above by Anonymous. Few questions for you or anyone who is willing to answer.
1) Do you really think Salman Khan would have won the Best actor award in 2004, if not for Hrithik’s KMG? I think SRK was the second fav with Kal Ho Na Ha.
2) Was SRK nominated for the film Karan Arjun for Best Actor? Wasn’t it more like a supporting actor for both SRK and Salman?
3) Why do you think Hrithik didnt get the National Award? Afterall Saif won for Hum Tum!!!!
4) I didnt like Salman in Garv, average performance. Are you a Salman Khan fan?
5) In 2001, I dont think anyone could argue with Hrithik’s award. It was the most polished debut ever. He was flawless, for an actor to deliver such a brilliant performance in his very first film is truly remarkable.
6) I dont agree with the 2005 Best actor. It should have gone to Hrithik or Amitabh. Hrithik was flawless in Lakshya and it was IMO comparable to his KMG performance.
7) 2007, yes they got it all wrong. Aamir should not have been nominated for Best actor it was more of a supporting role instead deserved a nomination for Fanaa. Hrithik should have won for Krrish which was a far superior performance, also he won most awards (Star, Stardust, IIFA) that year for Krrish. SRK just didnt deserve a nomination. Unbearable in KANK, not so good in Don.. I think this decade, 2007 was the year they goofed up big time.
Dr Patel, why no mention of Hrithik in your comment? What do you think of his awards?
Thank you Indicine for asking for my input.
I agree with many of Anonymous’ and Suniel’s comments and my friend, Dr. R. C. Patel’s analysis is just awesome.
I will concentrate my comment on recent times tho. As for the 70s and 80s, altho I have watched most of the films, I was not much interested in awards at that time. But since 1995, Shahrukh-mania has begun and this is just disgraceful. Many other excellent performances have been overlooked because of this man’s influence in the industry and amongst the media. I say, if anybody has the guts, he should be asked to RETURN the following awards:
1996 – DDLG – the film was excellent (songs, dialogue, plot, Kajol etc) but SRK’s performance was just awful and over the top and 100% irritating!! The award should have gone to Aamir Khan for Rangeela or Akhele Hum Akele Tum. It is shameful that he was not even nominated for Rangeela.
1998 – Dil To Pagal Hai – The film was excellent, both Madhuri and Karisma were great, but SRK was just so-so. Without a doubt the award should have been given to Anil Kapoor for his magnificent performance in Viraasat. And why did SRK get nominated for Yes Boss??? Does he HAVE to be nominated for EACH AND EVERY role? Ask for the award back!!!!!
1999 – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – The film was excellent but not because of SRK but because of Kajol, Farida Jalal, Jonny Lever, Anupam Kher, Archana Puransingh and above all the lil children. Also Karan’s dialogue and script were beautiful. Infact SRK was a LIABILITY to the film. The award should have gone to Aamir Khan for Ghulam or Ajay Devgan for Zakhm. Tell him to send the award back by courier.
2003 – Devdas – I OBJECT, I REALLY OBJECT!!! The poor writer of this story must have winced even in heaven when he watched SRK’s portrayal of Devdas which was just laughable. Let me explain. Devdas was a wonderful FILM overally and people loved it BUT this was due to the magnificent SETS, DIALOGUES, AISHWARYA, the breathtaking MADHURI and the excellent JACKIE SHROFF and KIRON KHER!! SRK’s performance was hideous. He didnt look drunk out of sorrow. His portrayal as a sorrowful drunk was farsicle. Watch Dilip Kumar’s Devdas to see how the role of Devdas SHOULD be portrayed. Ask him to send the award back by registered mail.
2005 – THREE NOMINATIONS FOR SRK???? And NONE for SAK’s HUM TUM???! This is indeed very very unjust! The Best Actor should have gone to SAK for Hum Tum and the National Award should have gone to Amitabh for Khakee. What a travesty! The entire credit for Swades goes to Ashutosh for a moving script. SRK was not bad in Swades, he was good, BUT HE WAS NOT THE BEST! So ask him to return the award immediately.
2008 – This was the only year in which SRK truly DESERVED his award.
As for Hrithik, he has the vavavavoom factor in acting. One remains speechless after seeing him in action on screen. As Rishi Kapoor has rightly said in his interview with Karan (Koffee with Karan), he has RAISED the bar of acting to which all other actors must now aspire. He DESERVES each and every one of his awards, altho in 2007 he should have got the award for Krrish instead of Dhoom 2 but nevertheless he was awesome in Dhoom 2 with all his wonderful disguises.
Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Ajay Devgan have really been given the short end of the stick during awards. Ajay Devgan should have got for Legend of Bhagat Singh or Company. Salman deserved a nod for Khamoshi and Hum Dil Dechuke Sanam. Shahid Kapoor should have atleast been nominated for Kismat Konection.
The trend that SRK should be nominated for each and every role MUST STOP! One should look at his acting instead of judging him via the whole film or via the fact that the film was a superhit or via the fact that he is Yash Chopra’s protege.
Finally, Aamir should have been nominated for Fanaa in place of SRK’s Don. And SRK should certainly not have been nominated for OSO. He was too annoying.
Thank you Indicine team, Suniel and my friend ABD for your kind words.
Anonymous, I am just amazed to read your analysis above. I could not agree more. Keep it up!
As for Suniel, Indicine Team has captured my words about Hrithik. His capability is evidenced by the fact that to date he was the best winning ratio. That speaks volumes about just how good he is. I am now awaiting, with anticipation the day when I will hear that Hrithik Roshan has been given the National Award. I am sorry that to date this has not yet happened. A real oversight by authorities concerned. Also, it is high time this young man is recognised internationally. His waxworks statue at Madame Tussaud’s would be a good start to this process. I pray to God to elevate him even higher. I don’t think if Hrithik gains glory he will ever become arrogant and complacent. But still, I pray for him.
really its very shocking for me n all the people in the world
because of u all r indian… n u all r jealous of shahrukh khan, becoz he is muslim
but y u all not think that he is truly indian.. n he lov all indian n all the pplz which kind of they hav relegus..
he is only one actor from last 20 years who belive in hardworking.. who came from zero point.. n now he is hero
the only 2 actor in bollywood.. who hav no sport n no familybackground from film.. but the still papular… no1 is yousaf khann. (dlip kummar) n no 2 is shahrukh khan.. these 2 actors r start from zero point n now these 2 actors r becom a hero…
i now shahrukh khan is a muslim but he is a good actore better then any leading actor now a days
shahrukhkhann.. fan flowing in the world is 3.2 bilion but also y u all the pplz all ignore him. i m really shoking.. he deserv all the award …. thanks u all
its me khann from peshawar pakistan
Khann dude… ROFL.. Your comments make me laugh. No offense but your comments reminds me of Inzamam’s funny post match presentations.
Can i ask you something? You say we Indians are jealous of SRK because he is a Muslim. But you conveniently left out the names of Akshay Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan.. Is it because they are Hindus? Arent they from a non-filmy background? Didn’t they make it on their own? Arent they popular? Damn one is a living legend.
Why do you call Dilip Kumar, Yusuf Khan? Is it because that’s a muslim name and you dont like Hindu names?? Grow up and look at yourself in the mirror before pointing fingers at someone else.
Whether it is SRK, Salman, Aamir or Saif.. its because of the love they have received from the Indian public.. they are what they are today! So I kindly request you to stop the religion shit around here. Just talk movies and try to make some sense in whatever your saying or trying to say!!!!
You are a devoted SRK fan but that does not mean everybody should be, and do not try to turn this into a Hindu-Muslim thing. I am a muslim myself, and yet I say SRK should return all his awards back. He has indeed been working very hard over the past 20 yrs but not at improving on his acting abilities but on how to gain power with the media and the right people in the industry so that he can remain at No.1 and not let anyone else come anywhere near him. He has worked over the past 20 years at becoming a master politician in the Bollywood industry. His acting has just remained the same with lil or no improvement whatsoever.
My friend, R.C Patel, Suniel, Anonymous, Indicine Team and myself have absolutely no problem that he is No.1 and is immensely popular. That is God’s gift to him. But when it comes to awards and nominations we are indeed very angry to see that he always gets nominated for each and every role and has won so many awards unfairly. This is NOT right. There are many GOOD actors who have become demoralised because of this. Wonderful actors like Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgan, Nasrudin Shah, etc, have stopped attending the award functions because somehow they know that the awards will be fixed in SRK’s favour.
If he is popular and No.1 that is his rozi and roti but he should not be arrogant and think that because he is No.1 he is the BEST and thereby deserves all the awards.
As my friend, RC Patel has pointed out before – janta is very gulible to publicity stunts in which SRK is an expert. So, he is No.1. BUT he is NOT worthy of so many awards.
This has nothing to do with his being muslim and readers on this site being hindus. And dont u DARE ever mention that again! Otherwise we will have to ask Indicine Team to ban you from this site, respectfully speaking ofcourse.
I just want to comment first on Suniel’s article.. and answer his questions first!
1) No I don’t think Salman Khan would have won best actor if it wasn’t for Hrithik’s Koi Mil Gaya Act. However, i do feel that aside from Hrithik it was a two man race between Salman and SRK. Also, I am not soso sure if SRK would have necessarily won it for KHNH.. he was really good but so was salman in tere naam its a toss up!
2) SRK was not nominated for best actor for the Karan Arjun. Salman Khan was nominated tho! SRK was instead nominated and won it for DDLJ. Salman deservingly got the best of SRK in Karan Arjun as he got the nomination, but SRk eventually won it for DDLJ.. As i mentioned earlier, I think AAmir probably deserved this one.
3) This was my mistake… Saif won National Award for for Hum Tum in 2005… Hrithik’s Koi Mil Gaya came a year earlier… Saif didn’t beat out Hrithik on this one!! The national award in 2004 for best actor went to some tamil actor I think… I do not know that actor nor do I watch Tamil movies so I cannot comment.
4) I think Salman was pretty good in Garv… I am a huge salman Khan fan but I think there have been some really good Salman Khan movies in the past… Recently though I dont know what happened to him after No Entry (I know Partner was a blockbuster but I thought it was pretty crappy i prefer Hitch anyday)
5) Agreed!! Although some SRK die hard fans would argue other wise!!
6) This is a good point!!…I don’t see why SRK won the best actor in 2005… It should have been Big B IMO but I can’t argue with Hrithik for Lakshya either. I think if Lakshya was a super hit, Hrithik would have gotten it.. no doubt!! as I said its 50% jury and 50% fans… and fans prob dint really see Lakshya so went for SRK!! Plus the fact that SRK was nominated for 3 films probably worked in his favor of him eventually winning it!
7) I agree with your analysis that 2007 filmfare screwed up!!… I cannot say SRK was unbearable in KANK… I thought he was quite good infact.. Its just I thought this was a year when the industry saw a lot of really really good performances by actor in the lead role… HRithik for Krrish/Dhoom 2, Ajay for Omkara, AAmir for RAngde and Fanaa, Sanjay Dutt for Munnabhai, etc.. As far as SRk in DOn,, i thought he was strictly okay.. he was excellent as don but decent as vijay making his overall performance just plain good not great!!
There you have it Suniel!
Also Khan.. i think ur a dumbass!! or just a die hard SRK fan.. or maybe even SRK himself.. lolz!
If any of this had to do with SRK being Muslim,, then he wouldn’t have all these fans in india, and would have never won the 7 awards..
If you actually read what we had to say abbout srk’s awards, you would know we’re not bullshitting!!…
ur an idiot!!
mr.khann, you are one of those pakistani idiot that indians dont like! you are really stupid for putting that kind of comment in this website! people dont like srk because of his same acting in all of his movie not because he is muslim! i like amir khan, salman khan but i hate srk for the same reason because he is too over-rated! so dont ever bring anything abut hindu/muslim up in this website again! i am a muslim but i am the biggest akshay kumar fan here!
Hi to all.. n soryy to .. indicine Team.. for lots of dots..
n first of all .. i sorry to all of u ( like .. suneil.. ABD.. anomymous.. salman ) if my comment make u angery..
n secondly i wana say just few words about my comments ..
i m not againts any actor in india i lov all the actor… like yousaf khann (dilp kumar) like raj kupor .. Amitabhbachan.. aamir khann … salman khann … n shahid kapoor.. n so many .. but i always notice that .. srk allways ignore in awards.. i dont now whats the reson behind.. i belive in hardworking n i think may bee its wrong.. but its true shahrukhkhann the only one actor in india who now about acting.. who is very careing n loving person .. very inosent.. not proud.. n not jeluss of othere actors in bollywood.. there for i think that he is muslim.. so there for u all pplz ignore him all time .. again sorry u all of u … its me khann
Khann, what makes you feel SRK has been ignored at award functions? He holds the record for the second highest number of Filmfare awards!
2009 probably has been the only year SRK hasn’t won a single award.. Else if not for Best Actor there always was a Filmfare Power Award.
Any of you know what happened to the Power award this year? We havent received any info from Filmfare
I am indeed very suspicious about this Mr. Khann.
It seems that there is something very fake about him. I have a distinct feeling, all my instincts tell me that this is someone from SRK’s inner circle. First of all the language is completely put on and reeks of a very literate man trying to pass off as illiterate. Secondly, his comments are incredible. Who, in this wide world, can say that SRK is being ignored, except SRK himself? In fact, in this Millennium, the whole Bollywood industry including the Filmfares have totally revolved around SRK. Even upto the extent of creating a special “Power Award” for him in the year in which there was no possibility of him winning the Best Actor award. Thereafter, this Power Award was promptly withdrawn.
So how can Mr. Khann make such comments? It appears very clearly to me that our star has realized that the magic is quickly coming to an end. Viewers have now opened their eyes, hence the referal to the muslim angle which I feel is just a red herring to take attention away from the fact that he is just an ordinary, run-off-the-mill actor. Nothing special or extraordinary about him.
So my friends on this site, this Mr. Khann is a decoy from the SRK inner camp and we must try to remember this whenever we are reading his fake comments.
By the way, SRK always calls Dilip Kumar by the name Yousuf Khan…Hmmmm…see any connections?
On another issue altogether, we must all DEMAND that the Power Award be reinstated and this year it should go deservedly to A.R.Rahman for his beautiful work, not only in all our Bollywood films [Jodha Akbar, Jaane Tu Jaane Na] but also, being THE PERFORMER to bring the Oscars home, not just one but TWO! So, Filmfare authorities, put this award back and do not worry about any backlash from SRK. I’m sure you can handle it.