Happy New Year has collected Rs 358 crore worldwide, making it the second highest grosser of 2014 – right in between the Rs 377 crore worldwide collections of Salman Khan’s Kick and Rs 320 crore gross of Hrithik Roshan’s Bang Bang.
As far as the worldwide total of the film is concerned, the Shahrukh Khan starrer will remain at the second position, as the film is nearing the end of its run.
In India, Happy New Year has collected Rs 201 crore, while the contribution from the overseas markets has crossed the 91 crore mark.
Happy New Year will fall just short of the 100 crore mark overseas, something that only four films have done so far – Dhoom 3, 3 Idiots, My Name Is Khan and Chennai Express. It could join the 100 crore overseas club when it releases in more countries.
Happy New Year India Collections (Weekly breakdown)
- 1st week – 157.57 crore
- 2nd week – 35.87 crore
- 3rd week (6 days) – 7.5 crore (approx)
- Total collections – 200.94 crore (266.3 crore gross including entertainment taxes)
Happy New Year Overseas Collections (approx figures, Source: Rentrak)
- United States of America and Canada – Rs 22.5 crore
- United Kingdom – Rs 12.15 crore
- United Arab Emirates – 36.5 crore
- Pakistan – 13 crore
- Australia – 3.83 crore
- New Zealand – 1.4 crore
- Others – 2 crore
- Overseas Total – 91.38 crore (approx)
Happy New Year Worldwide Collections Total
- India gross – 266.3 crore
- Overseas gross – 91.38 crore
- Worldwide Total – 357.68 crore