Red Chillies Entertainment’s new strategy of releasing the Happy New Year trailer exclusively on Facebook and Whatsapp has worked big time. The trailer of the film has reached more than 70 million across the world, less than a week after it was released on almost every popular platform on the planet.
Here are some exclusive stats that we have compiled for you:
- 380,000 plus likes (261,000 plus on official page) (all time record for a Hindi trailer on Youtube)
- 63,300 plus shares on official page (record)
- 2.3 million trailer views on Facebook
- Official page has gained almost a million likes in 7 days since the trailer launched
- Nearly 20 million Facebook users reached!
- 11.9 billion organic impressions on Happy New Year related tweets (1.5 billion on trailer launch day) (Credit: Topsy)
- 5 hash tags trending at the same time on Trailer launch day
- More than 1 million SRK related tweets since trailer launch (Read: Shahrukh Khan takes over Twitter on trailer launch day)
(More data below the image)
- Combined views on Youtube has crossed 4 million. Trailer was released after 2 hours. (Data includes views from T-Series, Red Chillies Entertainment and Yash Raj Films)
- The trailer was sent to Whatsapp users who had opted to receive the trailer on launch day.
- More than 13 million Tata Sky subscribers were reached as the trailer was aired on the home channel (100).
- Half a million people reached via SMS and Email.
- About 1.25 crore people got to watch the trailer with Singham Returns i.e the audience in mass centres who may not have access to the internet or social media.
Overall, the strategy has worked big time. The trailer has generated huge buzz on social media, amongst the masses and the trade. What remains to be seen is, how much of it actually converts into ticket sales. During times when films like Singham Returns on 3600 screens and normal (non-festive) ticket prices is collecting 32 crore on its opening day, will Happy New Year be the first film to collect 40 cr? Now that’s the big question!