It’s FAN Day Tomorrow and the release of a Shah Rukh Khan film is always a big event for fans across the world. The industry, his fans, well-wishers and even those who love to see him fail – are all keen to see and know how his films perform at the box office.
For an actor who has achieved so much in the industry, his stardom is put to test each time he makes an outing. FAN will be no different. The success of the film will be important for SRK, because his standing in the industry has taken a dip in the last few years.
Also Read: FAN Advance Booking Report
While his films that are perceived to be underperforms, still make it to the Top 3 worldwide grossers of the year, the standards that Shah Rukh Khan has set over the years is so high that there are expectations of a major grosser – each time he releases a film.
FAN is also important because Shah Rukh’s next film ‘Raees’ is scheduled to take on Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ during Eid this year. While there are rumours of ‘Raees’ getting postponed to a later date, the makers could be waiting to see how FAN performs before taking the final decision. If FAN does very well, ‘Raees’ could still take on ‘Sultan’, but if it doesn’t perform, ‘Raees’ will have to move to a different date.
Also Read: FAN Business Economics
- Screens: 3500 – 3600
- Budget: 105 crore
- Runtime: 2 hours 22 minutes
- Trailer score: 8 on 10
- Music Popularity: 4 on 10
- Marketing campaign: 3 on 10
All records of 2016 are *expected* to be surpassed, all of which currently belong to Airlift:
- First Day: Airlift (12.35 crore)
- Highest Single Day: Airlift (3rd Day, Sunday, 17.35 crore)
- Highest Non-Holiday Single Day: Airlift (2nd Day, Saturday, 14.60 crore)
- Highest First Weekend: Airlift (44.30 crore)
- Highest First Week: Airlift (83.5 crore)
- Highest Second Weekend: Airlift (19.26 crore)
- Highest Second Week: Airlift (28.79 crore)
- Highest Lifetime: Airlift (128 crore)
Factors in favour of FAN on opening day:
- Shah Rukh Khan, there isn’t much of anything else really.
- Good trailer
- Partial Holiday release
Factors against FAN on opening day:
- Lack of universal appeal: Just one song, no leading lady.
- The outstanding word-of-mouth of ‘The Jungle Book’ will make it difficult for FAN. The impact may not be big, but business will be divided at multiplexes.
- Maneesh Sharma’s track record isn’t great, his films have only appealed to a small section of audience.
IndicineFBO: We expect FAN to collect Rs 21.9 crore on Day 1. Check our detailed FBO page for previous predictions and more.
Check out the detailed box office predictions of FAN
IF VERY GOOD (positive word-of-mouth)
- Day 1 – 22 cr
- Day 2 – 23 cr
- Day 3 – 27 cr
- Weekend – 72 cr
- First Week – 120 cr
- Final – 175 cr+ (Super Hit)
IF AVERAGE (mixed response)
- Day 1 – 21 cr
- Day 2 – 20 cr
- Day 3 – 23 cr
- Weekend – 64 cr
- First Week – 98 cr
- Final – 135 cr (Hit)
IF BAD (worst case scenario)
- Day 1 – 20 cr
- Day 2 – 17 cr
- Day 3 – 19 cr
- Weekend – 56 cr
- First Week – 82 cr
- Lifetime – 100 cr (Below Average / Flop)
Note: Verdict would also depend on how FAN performs overseas.
What do you think of the box office prospects of Shah Rukh Khan’s FAN? Tell us in the comments section below.