Here are some fun facts that should not be taken too seriously..
- The entire cost of making Bodyguard (about 45 crores) was less than what SRK spent on marketing Ra One (52 crores).
- Ra One had 5 stars; Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Rajnikanth. Bodyguard had just two stars Salman and Kareena.
- Combining all the costs, Bodyguard cost about a fourth of Ra One.
- Bodyguard was a scene-to-scene remake of a Tamil film, Ra One was a combination of many Hollywood films.
- Both had train stunts, difference was SRK was a superhero, Salman wasn’t but still somehow managed to jump across to the next train!
- Bodyguard didn’t release on 3D, released on lesser prints, still managed about the same business as Ra One (which was marginally higher).
- Salman sleep walked through the film, but SRK and the Ra One team put in a lot of effort and hard work – arguably the most for any Bollywood movie ever!
The only similarity apart from Kareena Kapoor? Well, both were mediocre at best but still managed to set the cash registers ringing!
Article sent by Indicine.com reader, Priya Jain. To send your article, click here