A lot of people have been asking us to pick the career-best performance of the current actors, both male and female, in the industry. So here you go, we pick the best performance of the top male actors in the industry.
In alphabetical order..
- Aamir Khan (Rangeela) – It was a tough choice between Rangeela and Lagaan, but there was something magical about Munna. Hard to describe in words, no wonder Aamir was disappointed and decided not to attend award ceremonies when he didn’t win anything for his performance. Watch the film if you haven’t, one of RGV’s best.
- Abhishek Bachchan (Guru) – arguably the best performance of 2007. He didn’t win any awards, not because his performance wasn’t worthy enough, but because it happened to coincide with an even better performance from Shahrukh Khan in the same year.
- Ajay Devgn (The Legend of Bhagat Singh) – Widely considered to be the best performance of his career, along with Zakhm, Ajay played the real-life character of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh in ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’. He received the National Film Award for best actor.
- Akshay Kumar (Hera Pheri) – Paresh Rawal as Baburao Ganpatrao Apte had the best role in Hera Pheri, but as the film progresses you fall in love with Raju. Impeccable comic timing coupled with a restrained performance from Akshay.
- Emraan Hashmi (Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai) – It was between OUATIM, Awaarapan and his debut film Footpath. Our pick, Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. He was fabulous!
- Farhan Akhtar (Bhaag Milkha Bhaag) – Farhan has impressed in all his films so far, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was by far his best.
- Hrithik Roshan (Guzaarish) – He deserved all the awards in 2010, didn’t he? Missed out because the film didn’t do well at the box office.
- John Abraham (Jism) – John’s performance in his debut film was his best, followed by his most popular negative act in Dhoom.
- Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi) – Tough choice between Rockstar and Barfi!, but the deaf and mute role was so much more challenged. It could have gone so horribly wrong with a lesser actor, but Ranbir nailed it and swept most awards that year.
- Ranveer Singh (Ram Leela) – He started out with a surprise hit Band Baaja Baraat in 2010, and has only starred in 6 films so far. Ram Leela is easily his best performance so far.
- Saif Ali Khan (Omkara) – It doesn’t get much better than Ishwar ‘Langda’ Tyagi in Omkara, does it? A once-in-a-lifetime performance and easily the best of Saif’s career.
- Salman Khan (Tere Naam) – Salman is one of the most under-rated actors in the industry. Watch him in films like Tere Naam, Andaz Apna Apna or even in Dabangg to know why. Not his fault if his audience want to see him in larger-than-life action roles, no?
- Sanjay Dutt (Vaastav) - Dutt essayed the role of Raghu, a simple boy next door who becomes the King of the Mumbai underworld due to unfavourable circumstances. He lived the character of the underworld Don in this Mahesh Manjrekar’s crime drama with utmost conviction.
- Shahid Kapoor (Kaminey) - Shahid is one of the most talented actors in the industry, but very few of his performances have received critical acclaimed, except Kaminey where he teamed up with Vishal Bhardwaj.
- Shahrukh Khan (Chak De India) – That scene when the women’s hockey team wins the world cup, and the camera zoom in on Kabir Khan’s face. His expressions filled with disbelief, joy, emotions.. it had everything.
Do post your own list of favourite performances of all actors in the industry.
My list :)
Aamir Khan – Lagaan
Abhishek Bachchan – Yuva
Ajay Devgn – Zakhm
Akshay Kumar – Namaste London
Emraan Hashmi – Awarapan
Farhan Akhtar – Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
Hrithik Roshan – Koi Mil Gaya
John Abraham – Dhoom
Ranbir Kapoor – Barfi
Ranveer Singh – Ram Leela
Saif Ali Khan – Omkara
Salman Khan – Tere Naam
Sanjay Dutt – Munnabhai MBBS
Shahid Kapoor – Kaminey
Shahrukh Khan – DDLJ
Amitabh Bachchan – Black
Rajesh Khanna – Anand
Irrfan Khan – Paan Singh Tomar
Naseeruddin Shah – A Wednesday
Guzaarish is not only hrithik’s best performance,but also one of the best performances in the history of bollywood.it gave me tears. So many directors also praised it. PROUD TO BE A HRITHIKFAN. .
Ajay-Legend of Bhagat Singh
Emraan Hashmi- Shanghai
Farhan Akhtar-Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
John Abraham- Madras Cafe
Saif Ali Khan-Omkara
Salman- Tere Naam
Best 5 performances in last two decades:
1.hrithik in guzaarish
2.Big B in Black
3.hrithik in KMG
4.SRK in cdi
5.hrithik in jodha akbar/dhoom 2
Aamir – rangeela, sarfarosh, Lagaan
Ajay – Legend Of Bhagat Singh, Gangajal, Zakhm
Akshay – Hera pheri
Saif – Omkara, hum Tum
Hritik – KMG, jodha akhbar
Salman – Tere naam, Karan Arjun
Sanju – Vaastav, sadak, naam
SRK – daar, bazigar, cdi, swades, MNIK (all r equally great)
Abhishek – yuva
John – madras cafe
Ranbeer – barfi, rockstar
Shahid – kaminey
Farhan – Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
Hrithik: Koi Mil Gaya/Agneepath/Guzaarish
John Abraham:Madras Cafe
Ranveer:Band baaja baarat
Saif Ali Khan:Omkara
SRK:My Name Is Khan/CDI/Swades
@indicine:ranveer singh for ramleela? ? ?seriously? ? Come on. .he has done some overacting in that film. Didn’t u seen the face to face argument between him and DP where his dilogue delivery was not very good? It has to be lootera. Vikramaditya has done an excellent job by making him and sona properly act.
1.varun in lootera
2.ram in ramleela
as for amir’s act,i feel it’s tough to select between lagaan and rangeela. But my take is lagaan all the way.
@nipun lol. There is a limit of Biasedness.
Its Ok if you put Guzaarish at #1, Koi Mil Gaya and Jodhaa Akbar also fine, but Hrithik in Dhoom 2?
Best performance is when you create an deep character who you know from the heart, know his emotions, feelings, their mentality etc.
In D2 Hrithik is just an action hero. He doesnt have the depth which Rohit from KMG and Akbar from JA have. He justs makes an entry, does an action scene and its over.
My 10 most loved performances:
1)Hrithik:Koi Mil Gaya
8)Akki:Hera Pheri and many more comedy films
Ajay deserved for zakhm. But dat year srk won for k2h2. In k2h2,both srk and kajol(in boyish looks) have done some overactings.
I am ashamed to say that I haven’t watched Rangeela. I really really want to watch it but unfortunately unable to find out neither the DVD nor a downloadable version of the movie.
Srk best performance
5 veer zara
very few actor gave so many best performance thats why srk won highest number of awards
Akshay kumar’s best performance is not Hera pheri but Garam Masala
agree with hrithiks statement, that character played by hrithik far better than srk’s Mnik character in same year…. If guzaarish even earn 70-80cr in lyftym run surely for best actor awards of critics nd popular both are deserving…. No One can do that act as btr of Hrithik, not any hollywood actor too….
Performance base its most deserving and admirable performance… Never seen be4, and never cn repeat with any actor in the world….. Undoubtedly i have to say Hrithik has God gifted lots of expression, not single expression is missed in his life’s dictionary in Acting… And He make legendary to Guzaarish… Dis movie get place in oscar library in running year 2014..
Lets hope that all this great actors and some upcoming great actors keeps doing great films and keeps entertaining us…..:-)
Best of luck to everyone.
God Bless B Town.
Even in Akshay sir’s top 5 performances,Hera pheri shouldn’t be added!!!
I agree with the list to an extent, Acc. to me
Hrithik : Koi Mil Gaya or Jodha Akbhar. Cant Choose out of this cos Hrithik was extra ordinary in these 2 films and much much better than Guzarish cos In Guzarish, he was paralysed, so body language didnt come in to play much, mainly he had to focus on expression
SRK : DDLJ cos In DDLJ he looked like an character, he was Raj and he made us feel that RAj is Sharukh in real life. Chak de role was completely out his comfort zone and still he nailed it so I would rate sharukh’s second best performace after DDLJ
Aamir : Rangeela cos he is too good doing tapori roles whether it’s Rangeela, Raja Hindustani or Ghulam, he was excellent in these movies
Ajay Devgan : Legend of bhagat singh. In the movie Ajay Devgan’s dilogue delivery was superb
Salman Khan : KKHH cos he was too good in sentiment scenes whether it KKHH or Hum dil de chuke sanam. In tere Naam, he was good but not exta ordinary may be cos I have seen Tamil version before, and Vikram was brilliant and got a national award too
Akshay kumar : NONE
Amitabh Bachchan : Black, without any doubt. The best performance I have ever seen of any actor
respect every actor, everyone had done best to give their best performnce, every actor are best in their role like if sharukh was alloweded to play in dabang then it would not be good like as salman similarly if salman was allowded to play in devdas then also it would be inappropriate
To me Akshays best performance is in Namaste London…..Jaanwar….Sangharsh….Bhool bhulaiya…heyy baby….sp26…..Housefull 2…..Khakee…..Jaanemann…..Mujhse Shaadi karoge…….Waqt…..Dhadkan…..Wait…..errr….Did yu guys said name the best….Cause all dse have him in difernt roles…..And all r his bst perfrmances….Proud to be an Akkian….Go Akshay Or Go Home….!!
Yupe Guzaarish was the best of last Decade……….Hrithik was unlucky…BTW IMO SRK’s best was Swadesh….no over acting..in that one!.lol both flopped!
And Akshay’s best was Namaste London…rest are fine..
Srk’s best performance
5 veer zara
very few actor gave so many best performance thats why srk won highest number of awards
if seriously I will say each film contains little bit overacting.BUT you couldn’t point out even a point of overact from those films-CDI,SWADES,MNIK,DEVDAS,VEER ZAARA,KHNH,JTHJ,BAAZIGAR,KHKN,MOHABBATEIN,RNBDJ,DDLJ,DTPH,K3G,DARR,ANJAAM,DIL SE,ASHOKA,PAHELI,KAKN.
I think amir’s lagaan act is far better than rangeela,I think his life’s best performance is MANN a nice film although it was a flop.but ghajini,dg,talash although didn’t have any overact but highly expressionless which is main drawback,sometimes actors remained expressionless in order to prove them the best one and that’s the major drawback.that salman always did,an actor who couldn’t do a single expression,after that ajay,sometimes hr/amir also did in many films.@nipun,that’s why lootera is not even good,best are far thing.it seems robot act rather than human.but SRK and akshay kumar always gives BEST EXPRESSIONS,they are mater of expressions and so funny not angry likes other actors even some extent Ranbir kapoor also.
hr’s highly overacted in kmg even in k3 even more and least in krrish as there was no rohit.not almost the same but I found same rohit’s overact in guzarish for which it might be a failure,couldn’t be great one.Sanjay dutt’s VAASTAV remembered ever so as BIGB’S black and paa.
@indicine,seriously you think guzarish is better than MNIK which not only appreciated by INDIANS but also WORLDWIDE ?ha ha..
Abhishek- guru/yuva, akshay-Namaste london,bhoolbhulaiya. Ajay devgn-tlobs, ouatim. BIG B-Deewar,Mukaddar ka sikandar,agneepath,Black and best is Paa. John-None and if i have to choose than Dhoom1. Hr-Agneepath,ja for me KMG was good but not best while haven’t watched Gujaarish yet. Farhan-BMB, Ranbir kapoor-Barfi (best performance since 5 years), Saif-Race, haven’t watched Omkara, Shahid-Jab we met, Sanjay dutt-Saajan/khalnayak, Vastav/Munnabhai its hard to pick. Emraan-ouatim,Awarapan and Jannat.
I cnt 4get Agneepath’s act of Hrithik too, its best of 2012, just b.coz of media under shadowing Hrithik always it is get underrate, otherwise cmparing to barfi’s act and agneepath’s Hrithiks act By skills Hrithik is far btr than Ranbir…
For Aamir its hard to choose for me as i always consider as a character in the film and its speciality of Aamir as he fit in the character totally and gracefully. But for me if i have to choose than Lagaan and Sarfarosh at par, followed by 3¡ JJWs,Rangeela,RDB, Dhoom 3. I loved his performance in AHAT and AAA too. As far as Srk concern His best was CDI(admin put the right scene to show why it was his best, in that scene when srk sat on the boundary wall his expressions says everything, that’s calls acting at its best) than Comes Baazigar(his best in negative role), VZ(best in romantic role), Swades, Ddlj. Salman’s best come from Tere naam-very few movie which turned me moist eyes and it was one of them, in the climax the way he leave everything just because his love was no more was incredible, the song “tune saath jo mera” still relive all the film in my mind whenever i listen that song. Followed by lovable character Prem(hahk) and Chulbul pandey. He is one of the bigger entertainer of the bollywood.
#1. kmg (hrithik)
#2. Guzaarish / Jodha Akbar (Hrithik)
#3. Black (Amit ji)
#4. Agneepath (Hrithik)
#5. Paa (Amit ji)
this is top 5 performance in last two decade…. Amit ji, Hrithik were best actors in Bollywood History
@nipun your top 5 performance of the last 2 dacade list created lots of laughter for mine, Hr given top 3 in those 5. Lol. I still thinking in my list hr has any place or not. His best was JA not Kmg or dhoom2, haven’t watched Gujarish so can’t comment for that performance
@nipun, u r seriously funny man. Lol.
Hro best in kmg only, rest he was okay, nothing bad or great.
also, Ranveer did play the character to the perfection in Ramleela, and it was Deepika who was totally unconvincing in the serious role in 2nd half.
HRITHIK is the best for her acting of all films:-*