A lot of people have been asking us to pick the career-best performance of the current actors, both male and female, in the industry. So here you go, we pick the best performance of the top male actors in the industry.
In alphabetical order..
- Aamir Khan (Rangeela) – It was a tough choice between Rangeela and Lagaan, but there was something magical about Munna. Hard to describe in words, no wonder Aamir was disappointed and decided not to attend award ceremonies when he didn’t win anything for his performance. Watch the film if you haven’t, one of RGV’s best.
- Abhishek Bachchan (Guru) – arguably the best performance of 2007. He didn’t win any awards, not because his performance wasn’t worthy enough, but because it happened to coincide with an even better performance from Shahrukh Khan in the same year.
- Ajay Devgn (The Legend of Bhagat Singh) – Widely considered to be the best performance of his career, along with Zakhm, Ajay played the real-life character of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh in ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’. He received the National Film Award for best actor.
- Akshay Kumar (Hera Pheri) – Paresh Rawal as Baburao Ganpatrao Apte had the best role in Hera Pheri, but as the film progresses you fall in love with Raju. Impeccable comic timing coupled with a restrained performance from Akshay.
- Emraan Hashmi (Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai) – It was between OUATIM, Awaarapan and his debut film Footpath. Our pick, Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. He was fabulous!
- Farhan Akhtar (Bhaag Milkha Bhaag) – Farhan has impressed in all his films so far, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was by far his best.
- Hrithik Roshan (Guzaarish) – He deserved all the awards in 2010, didn’t he? Missed out because the film didn’t do well at the box office.
- John Abraham (Jism) – John’s performance in his debut film was his best, followed by his most popular negative act in Dhoom.
- Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi) – Tough choice between Rockstar and Barfi!, but the deaf and mute role was so much more challenged. It could have gone so horribly wrong with a lesser actor, but Ranbir nailed it and swept most awards that year.
- Ranveer Singh (Ram Leela) – He started out with a surprise hit Band Baaja Baraat in 2010, and has only starred in 6 films so far. Ram Leela is easily his best performance so far.
- Saif Ali Khan (Omkara) – It doesn’t get much better than Ishwar ‘Langda’ Tyagi in Omkara, does it? A once-in-a-lifetime performance and easily the best of Saif’s career.
- Salman Khan (Tere Naam) – Salman is one of the most under-rated actors in the industry. Watch him in films like Tere Naam, Andaz Apna Apna or even in Dabangg to know why. Not his fault if his audience want to see him in larger-than-life action roles, no?
- Sanjay Dutt (Vaastav) – Dutt essayed the role of Raghu, a simple boy next door who becomes the King of the Mumbai underworld due to unfavourable circumstances. He lived the character of the underworld Don in this Mahesh Manjrekar’s crime drama with utmost conviction.
- Shahid Kapoor (Kaminey) – Shahid is one of the most talented actors in the industry, but very few of his performances have received critical acclaimed, except Kaminey where he teamed up with Vishal Bhardwaj.
- Shahrukh Khan (Chak De India) – That scene when the women’s hockey team wins the world cup, and the camera zoom in on Kabir Khan’s face. His expressions filled with disbelief, joy, emotions.. it had everything.
Do post your own list of favourite performances of all actors in the industry.