The awards season has begun and Shahrukh Khan’s Happy New Year has swept the top awards at Stardust Awards 2014. While other major grossers like Bang Bang and Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty were completely ignored, Salman Khan’s Kick was given one award for the biggest grosser of 2014 (which strangely comes before the release of the year’s most awaited film PK).
Shahrukh Khan won ‘Star Of The Year’ award, which is Stardust’s equivalent to the Best Actor (Popular) trophy. His leading lady Deepika Padukone walked away with the Star Of The Year (Female) trophy. Gauri Khan won ‘Film Of The Year’ award for Happy New Year and the ‘Dream Director’ award went to Farah Khan.
Stardust ‘International Icon’ Award went to Amitabh Bachchan, while ‘Pride Of the Film Industry’ award was given away to Anupam Kher. Shahid Kapoor won Best Actor Drama, Priyanka Chopra won Best Actress Drama.
Queen won quite a few awards too – Searchlight (Critics) Best Film of 2014, Searchlight Best Director and Best Actress. Jodi of the year went to Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor!
Even Govinda won an award for Best Supporting Actor, while Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Kick), Abhishek Bachchan (Happy New Year), Rajkumar Rao (Queen) and other noteworthy performances were ignored.
SRK also won the Stardust Achievers award for Best Actor in Thriller / Action, again for Happy New Year.
Full list of Stardust Awards 2014 winners below. Do tell us what you think!
- Star of the Year (Male) – Shahrukh Khan (Happy New Year)
- Star of the Year (Female) – Deepika Padukone (Happy New Year, Finding Fanny)
- Film of the Year – Gauri Khan (Happy New Year)
- Dream Director – Farah Khan (Happy New Year)
- International Icon Award – Amitabh Bachchan
- Pride of the film industry – Anupam Kher
- Best Actor (Drama) – Shahid Kapoor (Haider)
- Best Actress (Drama) – Priyanka Chopra (Mary Kom)
- Superstar of Tomorrow (Male) – Tiger Shroff (Heropanti)
- Superstar of Tomorrow (Female) – Alia Bhatt (2 States)
- Searchlight Best Film of 2014 – Queen
- Searchlight Best Director – Vikas Bahl (Queen) and Imtiaz Ali (Highway)
- Searchlight Best Actor – Randeep Hooda (Highway)
- Searchlight Best Actress – Kangana Ranaut (Queen)
- Jodi of the Year – Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor (Gunday)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Asha Parekh
- Style Diva of 2014 – Jacqueline Fernandez
- Breakthrough Performance in Supporting Role (Male) – Siddharth Shukla (Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania)
- Breakthrough Performance in Supporting Role (Female) – Huma Qureshi (Dedh Ishqiya)
- Best Actor in a Supporting role – Govinda (Kill Dil)
- Best Actress in a Supporting role – Tabu (Haider)
- Best Actor in a Negative role – Sonu Sood (Entertainment)
- Best Actress in a Romantic Comedy – Sonam Kapoor (Khoobsurat)
- Best Actor in a Romantic Comedy – Varun Dhawan (Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania)
- Best Actress in Thriller / Action – Rani Mukerji (Mardaani)
- Best Actor in Thriller / Action – Shahrukh Khan (Happy New Year)
- Stardust Special Award for biggest grosser of 2014 – Sajid Nadiadwala (Kick)
- Best Music – Yaariyaan
- Best Lyricist – Kausar Munir (Daawat-e-Ishq)
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Kanika Kapoor (Baby Doll)
- Special Playback Singer Award – Ankit Tiwari (Galiyan)
Well deserved for Shahid and Tabu!!!
these awards r based on voting… so take a chillpill haters
Now why SRK is being blamed for this . Jury of this awards show is completely out of their minds. Really best villian Sonu Sood . Lol
This is the same reason I hate awards shows and I refused to watch them..because all the awards goes to Shahrukh and his team and other good actors and movies are being ignored ..this is just absurd ..I hate star dust and their shitty awards ..
@Indicine : mostly you give your thoughts on some articles which are hyped. I dont understand, y didnt make a single line comment at the end how u felt about this awards!!! not a single award shall be given to this crap film as it literally aint deserving… I personally like SRK but common, this is heights!!! publicity in each n every article!!! you as a leading campaign should make ur views on such useless awards. not to them, atleast for your fans/followers.
Hahaha..true mockery of the word “Award”!!!
Real cinema lovers will agree that Haider, Queen, Mardaani and Highway were great movies when compared with a crap called HNY!!!
Hope other awards do justice to this!!!
@Asambuddha Kapoor.. Since you claim to be a cinema lover.. One simple question to you..who’s the best actor’s this year according to you..
SRK for HNY vs Shahid for Haider..
Kangana for Queen vs DP for HNY
Think about this first before speaking nonsense..
wow seriously fraha khan got dream director
oh crap yar.
Akshay Kumar deserv Best actor action/thriller for Holiday. whats this yar.
@element compound u forgot 2003- murder
Bang Bang and Haider were entertaining movies than HNY
Thank Indicine. Finally some SRK Haters got some relief after they got a chance to bash him. They were so much frustrated in nowadays cause of many articles such as worldwide and overseas ranking, DDLG 1000 weeks, … and so on…
consider them too..
For me star of the year is SHAHID for haider.
Wtf this! I still laughing seeing this award. Hope filmfare abd IIFA not goes to star dust way.
Just Oneeee word to described these award functions is `FIXED”
Seriously cant understand GAURI khan got an award..may be soon they will up date srk son’s name as well ABRAM for srk’s new baby ….@sss where r u bey??? Saram se bhag gaye ..aab bol bey ..?? Fake 8 abs fake king fake awards ..hahaha the most hilarious part is the dream director farah khan..wtf ??
Except shahid,kangna,randeep all others are laughable.What a joke in the name of awards.Soon iifa & filmfare will continue this nonsense & hypocrisy & yes if sonu sood won award for negative role then why that overactor varun dosen’t won award for Mth in action/thriller genre.
sidarth malhotra, sharadha kapoor, ritesh deshmukh and whole ek villain team and who ever nominated or not nominated from this picture…. u guys are really awesome … these awards are nothing… your work was outstanding…. appreciation is your reward…
another thing is that after 4 amazing successful films depika u r favorite but our expectations from u is now more than this ( happy new year)
again another thing which is as kick declared as most grosser movie than y salman khan not awarded by star of the year???? even acting of him in this movie was outstanding….
happy for kangna, aliya, varun nd tiger….
jaquline u r amazing… lots of wishes for u… keep going…
music of ek villain is wowwww yaariyaa was ok… but villain music was outstanding…..
galiyaan, zarurat, humdard, awari, bunjara… every song is full of amazing lines …. Dnt know the criteria of awarding….
music of ek villain was outstanding… and sad …… ritesh is most deserving Yar… I mean what is this???
shutter island is one of my fav film by scorsese
Biggest joke of the year….it should be named “SRK Awards 2014″….HNY has been rejected outright by audience…it was SRK starpower that took it to 200 crores…but movie and the acting by its actors in it were at its crap best..
Hahah! Best comedy awards! Dream directer farah khan? Oh my goodness. Srk got best actor for hny? Hahah! ROFL
yes too much biased but why speaking bad about srk he got nothing to do with that srk can’t be criticised . stardust can be.
Best action SRK……it’s like bigggg jokeeee!
Best action SRK…..it’s lik big joke let’s laugh guys
seriously? Queen did not get best music. And honey singh is best playback singer. these award shows are pathetic.
:D :D dis award is joke of the year :D all is well all is well :D hope after reading visitors comment sm ppl feel sm shame.. Hope stardust also visit here :D
tell me if any1 has faith in dis awards lol :D :D
Consider films like kick,bang bang and very action movie of this year and co.pare it’s action with KING KHAN’S ACTION inHNY at the HELIPAD,you will then realise those films ‘s action are nothing in front of HNY.while KING KHAN took the action level to Hollywood level,while some bhojpuri kinda fight lovers trying to drag HIS LEG.
@john,biggest joke is you,lol.
@lallu the fan,ha ha frustration at peak,right?,lol that can clearly markable from the cheapest words you used in your comment.WE accepted HNY’S STORY as average but you couldn’t accept KING KHAN did BEST ACTION of Bollywood and BEST PERFORMER in HNY because you don’t have any guts.FILM OF THE YYEAR—-HNY(384CR) belated kick(378cr) in WORLDWIDE and BIGGEST FILM OF THE YEAR.so don’t cry.