In recent times, films starring Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan have not only crossed the 100 crore mark in India, but have also managed to perform equally well (or better in SRK’s case) in overseas markets.
Take a look at these numbers below – the Top 8 highest overseas grossers.
- 1. Dhoom 3 – $28.1 million (र 174 cr)
- 2. 3 Idiots – $25.2 million (र 119 cr)
- 3. My Name Is Khan – $22.8 million (र 107 cr)
- 4. Chennai Express – $18.8 million (र 116 cr)
- 5. Jab Tak Hai Jaan – $13.2 million (र 73.2 cr)
- 6. Don 2 – $11.2 million (र 59.4 cr)
- 7. Ra.One – $10.9 million (र 53.8 cr)
- 8. Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – $10.6 million (र 49.2 cr)
As is pretty evident from the above numbers, Shahrukh Khan has dominated the overseas markets like no other actor in the history of the Indian film industry. Even his most ridiculed film, Ra One, has collected close to 11 million overseas.
But Aamir Khan’s last release Dhoom 3 and his most loved film 3 Idiots, have topped the charts. In fact, Dhoom 3 is way above the rest.
So the battle for the highest overseas grosser of 2014 is most likely going to be between Aamir’s P.K and SRK’s Happy New Year. The one factor that will hugely favour P.K is the fact that Rajkumar Hirani, the director of 3 Idiots, is directing P.K too.
Vote and tell us which film will win the big overseas battle, which will be mighty important if either film has to out-gross Dhoom 3 worldwide.