We held the Most Popular Actor Poll not too long ago and after a bit of controversy, loads of arguments, debates and discussions.. not to mentioned votes (3691 of them), we finally have the results of the voting that ended on the 1st of December 2009.
Starting with the least popular to the most..
10) Abhishek Bachchan – With 2% votes, its hard to understand exactly what went wrong with Abhishek Bachchan’s career. Was it the wrong selection of scripts, the lack of screen presence, the expectations of being the son of a legendary actor or was it purely bad luck? The talent was always there and even after fabulous performances in Guru, Yuva, Dostana.. the actor is yet to make it to the big league.
9) Saif Ali Khan (2% votes) – Over the years, Saif has shown tremendous improvements as an actor and is currently one of the better actors in the industry with special performances in films like Dil Chahta hai and Omkara. Yet Saif is yet to receive the mass-acceptance that he truly deserves.
8) Ranbir Kapoor (4% votes) – This man is improving with each film and the box office is a clear indication of the same. He has literally carried Wake Up Sid and the super-hit Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani with fabulous performances. A superstar in the making!
7) Shahid Kapoor (4% votes) – Has been in the industry for a much longer period than Ranbir Kapoor and its only post the super success of Vivaah and Jab We Met that Shahid Kapoor has shown signs of making it to the top league. Can he get there?
6) Amitabh Bachchan (5% votes) – If this very poll was held a couple of weeks later, Big B would have proved to be tough competition to the Top 5. An outstanding performance in Paa is certain to be yet another feather in the cap of this living legend!
5) Akshay Kumar (11% votes) – ‘Is Akshay Kumar going the Govinda way?’ Is one of the most discussed topics today. With 4 failures (by his standards) and with the 5th one unlikely to give him his much needed HIT, Akshay Kumar comes in at No 5 with 11% of votes. Can he put the 2009 nightmare behind him and come up with better in 2010? We hope he does..!
4) Hrithik Roshan (14% votes) – Once written off as a one film wonder, Hrithik has bounced back and how! Koi Mil Gaya resurrected his career, then came Lakshya a performance which received universal acclaim.. from then on there was no looking back – Krrish (blockbuster), Dhoom 2 (blockbuster) and Jodha Akbar (superhit) all rocked the box office and with the line up of upcoming films with the best of directors, Hrithik’s future looks bright.
3) Aamir Khan (16% votes) – Everything that Aamir Khan touches turns into gold.. Right from acting which he was always good at for the best part of the last 20 years, to direction which he took up with Taare Zameen Par, to the products he endorses, Aamir adds immense value to everything he lends his name to. Ghajini is the biggest blockbuster in the history of the film industry and 3 Idiots should be the biggest hit of the year.
2) Shahrukh Khan (34% votes) – The most loved and hated star of our generation, SRK’s success ratio this decade remains unmatched for the number of films he has done. Overseas he is the undisputed king and while the year 2009 saw him in a special appearance the movie failed to work with the audience. All eyes now are on My Name Is Khan, which has a huge mount to climb with Fox acquiring the world wide rights for a whopping 100 crores! Note – The link to this page was posted on some of the actor’s fan sites.
1) Salman Khan (46% votes) – The best way to guage this Khan’s super popularity with the masses is to go over to some of the smaller towns and villages.. You would find his posters pastered all over buildings, rickshaws, lorries and buses. Yes, he’s that popular… His television show 10 Ka Dum and most recent box office super-hit Wanted too has helped increase Salman’s popularity the world over. Failures at the box office, strangely never seem to affect him.. with crowds outside his house in Bandra increasing by the day! Note – Link to this page was posted on Salman Khan’s facebook fan page.