Shah Rukh Khan’s FAN has completed its 3rd week run at the domestic box office, with net collections of Rs 1.15 crore. The 21-day / 3 week total of the film now stands at Rs 84.10 crore, which is disastrous for a big film like FAN. The film is out of most theatres in Week 4.
The worldwide gross is Rs 183.5 crore, which means FAN is likely to be SRK’s first release since 2008’s Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, that will fail to cross the 200 crore mark worldwide.
- FAN was one of the best received films of the year critically and the opening of the film was huge – as it recorded the highest opening day of 2016 by a distance. The weekend was pretty good too, but the ‘good’ part of it ends there.
- The downfall began on Monday and from then on it was a free fall at the domestic box office. The graph below illustrates the same. The first weekend business was Rs 52.35 crore and the lifetime business will be less than Rs 84.5 crore – which means the film added only Rs 32.15 crore after its first 3 days.
- FAN will be the least watched Shah Rukh Khan film in nearly a decade. The footfalls of the film are only higher than Shah Rukh’s Paheli – all films since then have been watched by more people.
- FAN has also underperformed in the overseas markets. It’s the highest grosser of the year so far, but low when compared to the high standards set by Shah Rukh Khan over the years.
- Below we have yet another graph of the last 12 SRK movies. FAN is his lowest domestic grosser since My Name Is Khan and when inflation is taken into consideration, it’s his lowest grosser in more than 10 years.
Analysis of FAN’s Worldwide Box Office Collections till date and others details:
- Director: Maneesh Sharma
- Producer: Aditya Chopra
- Banner: Yash Raj Films
- Distributor: Yash Raj Films
- Star Cast: Shah Rukh Khan
- Music Director: Vishal – Shekhar
- Runtime: 2 hour 24 minutes
- Screens: 3500 (India), 1100 (overseas).
- Budget: ? 105 crore (without including SRK’s fee)
- Satellite Rights: Not disclosed (assumed to be equivalent to lead actor’s fee)
- Footfalls: 73 lakhs (approx)
- Net India Total Collections (after deducting entertainment tax): ? 84.10 crore (21 days)
- Gross India Total Collections (including entertainment tax): ? 115.5 crore (21 days)
- Overseas Total Collections: ? 68 crore (21 days)
- Worldwide Total Collections (India + Overseas): ? 183.5 crore (21 days)
- Theatrical Distributor’s Share (Overseas + India): ? 71.63 (recovered by YRF in 21 days)
- Theatrical Loss: ? 33.37 crore
- Box Office Verdict: FLOP
- Average Critic Rating: 3.5 on 5 (Read more)
- IMDb User Rating: 8.0
Box Office Collections of FAN Till Date
|Day||Fan||Growth / Drop Percentage|
|Day 1 (Friday)||19.20||-|
|Day 2 (Saturday)||15.40||- 20%|
|Day 3 (Sunday)||17.75||+ 15%|
|Day 4 (Monday)||6.05||- 66%|
|Day 5 (Tuesday)||5.75||- 5%|
|Day 6 (Wednesday)||4.20||- 27%|
|Day 7 (Thursday)||3.15||- 25%|
|Week 1 Total||71.5 cr|
|Day 8 (2nd Friday)||1.70||- 46%|
|Day 9 (2nd Saturday)||2.65||+ 56%|
|Day 10 (2nd Sunday)||3.40||+ 28%|
|Day 11 (2nd Monday)||1.10||- 68%|
|Day 12 (2nd Tuesday)||1||- 9%|
|Day 13 (2nd Wednesday)||0.85||- 15%|
|Day 14 (2nd Thursday)||0.75||- 12%|
|Week 2 Total||11.45 cr|
|Day 15 (3rd Friday)||0.27||- 64%|
|Day 16 (3rd Saturday)||0.22||- 19%|
|Day 17 (3rd Sunday)||0.19||- 14%|
|Day 18 (3rd Monday)||0.15||- 21%|
|Day 19 (3rd Tuesday)||0.12||- 20%|
|Day 20 (3rd Wednesday)||0.11||- 8%|
|Day 21 (3rd Thursday)||0.09||- 18%|
|Week 3 Total||1.15 cr|
|India Total Collections||84.10 crore|