A film that was expected to leap its way past the 100 crore mark in its first extended week, has finally managed to crawl past the 50 crore mark at the domestic box office.
Apart from the opening day collections and a small jump in business on its first Sunday, Ranbir Kapoor’s Besharam has failed to excite the audience. The film is a disaster for all its investors, except the producers who have made a clean profit of around 20 crores by selling the worldwide theatrical rights to Reliance Entertainment.
The graph below says it all, doesn’t it?
- Day 1 Wednesday – 19.73 crore
- Day 2 Thursday – 6.65 crore
- Day 3 Friday – 5.6 crore
- Day 4 Saturday – 5.8 crore
- Day 5 Sunday – 7.2 crore
- Day 6 Monday – 2.4 crore
- Day 7 Tuesday – 1.9 crore
- First Week Total – 49.28 crore
Extended First Week
- Day 8 Wednesday – 1.6 crore (approx)
- Total so far – 50.98 crore