Soon after we published the QnA article earlier today, we received the business economics of Badlapur from official sources. The Sriram Raghavan film has been made on a small budget and will be the cheapest film of Varun Dhawan’s career.
The actor who has a 100% success ratio so far with hits like ‘Student Of The Year’, ‘Main Tera Hero’ and ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, has opted for a action thriller this time around.
With a low budget and spot on economics (something that has been the biggest failing for most films in recent times), Badlapur could be Eros International’s first success in a long time.
Badlapur Business Economics below:
– Total investment: ₹ 25.5 crore (i.e Cost of Production ₹ 16 crore + Marketing ₹ 9.5 crore
– Recovery from other sources: ₹ 9 crore
So the film has to recover around Rs 16.5 crore from India and Overseas business for the producers to break even.
– To recover costs Badlapur would just to collect around 35 crore.
– If Badlapur collects more than ₹ 40 crore: Hit
– If Badlapur collects more than ₹ 60 crore: Super Hit
– If Badlapur collects more than ₹ 85 crore: Blockbuster