At the ‘first look launch’ of his upcoming film ‘Dangal’, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan spoke about his film, the recent ‘raped woman’ controversy surrounding Salman Khan and several other topics.
Below are some quotes from his media interaction:
- When I read the story (of Dangal) I just loved it. This story made me laugh, cry as the script was very exciting and inspirational.
- I wanted to do it but I was fickle minded that I have just done ‘Dhoom 3’ and ‘PK’ and for this film Nitesh (director) wanted to show me as a 55-year-old man which is closer to my reality so, honestly I had that fear. I had the fear that today when I am still doing young roles why am I getting into this old man’s role..
- I had to gain weight and go for grey hair so I was scared about my future and audience
- I had this thing in my mind that I will do this film after five-six years when I will be 60. I was scared that if I play an old man’s role now then tactically it won’t be right… Then I called Nitesh (Tiwari) again and said I want to hear the story again. After that I decided to leave the logic behind and do the film
- The poster narrates the story of the film. It’s about this man and his four daughters. I don’t believe that women have to go easy or reduce their femininity to be strong. Only their hair is short and it’s from a practical point of view of wrestling
- The character of Mahavir Singh is not perfect. There was a time in his life when he wanted a son. To fulfill that, he had four daughters
- ‘Sultan’ is going to be a huge super duper hit and the million of people who will come to see ‘Sultan’ will at least see the poster (Dangal’s) standing out of the theatre.
- ‘Sultan’ is going to be such a bumper hit and the opening is going to be bizarre so at least we will be standing in one corner saying even we are coming after six months.
- I feel Shah Rukh, Salman, Amitabh Bachchan are bigger stars. There are host of stars which I consider big and this includes Hrithik, Ranbir and Ranveer. There are so many stars who are hugely popular. I don’t get into comparison.
- When I see Salman walking into a room, it feels like a star has arrived. When I enter it looks as if some waiter has entered…. I am sorry I shouldn’t say that because waiters are great people. I shouldn’t say that, but when Salman enters or Shah Rukh enters it feels like a star has some.. they are more bigger stars than me.
- I am thankful to Salman because we got the title ‘Dangal’ because of him. The title was written in the script but when we researched we got to know that the rights of it was with Puneet Issar. I knew Salman was friends with Puneet, so I told Salman to request or fix a meeting with him but he called Puneet and got the title.
- I wasn’t present when he (Salman) made the comment (raped woman). I feel going purely by the media reports that I have been reading which quotes him as saying it, I feel what he said was rather unfortunate and insensitive