Well, when Aamir Khan recommends a movie, it has to be good watch. Watch we did, so did we like the movie? Hell yeah, we definitely did. For a change, a movie doesn’t actually require you to leave your brain at home, and for a change the dialogues are intelligent in a comedy! Read on
Quickgun Murugun Review
Why Quickgun Murugun works
- The film is very innovative and different, almost comic book like.
- The dialogues are funny yet very intelligent.
- Its the director’s tribute to the over-the-top era of the 70s and 80s. Its basically an extended version of Shahrukh Khan’s Rajnikant-like act in Om Shanti Om or Dhoni’s pepsi ad.
- Not for a moment does the movie bore. Funny characters, vibrant colors, terrific performances, blood, gore et al the film ensures your hooked to your seats throughout.
- Director Shashanka Ghosh’s direction is spot on.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad is perfect for the role. Can’t imagine any Bollywood actor pulling it off with such brilliance.
- Nasser as Rice Plate Reddy, the villiant, is fantastic.
- Rambha does well too, nice to see her back. Remember her act with Salman Khan in Judwa?
- The rest including Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey in short roles do well.
- Background music plays a key role in enhancing the QUickgun experience.
What didn’t quite work for Quickgun Murugun
- Excessive use of Tamil language, although with subtitles.. Doesn’t work too well.
- The film is more violent than expected. There is a good amount of blood and gore in this.
Overall, Quickgun Murugun is a must-watch. Watch it, to experience something different, something so delicious, that you can’t help but go for a second serving. I would watch it again!Rating:
Have you seen Quick Gun Murugan? Do post your very own review of the film below in the comments section.