Hrithik – Barbara Mori affair? Anurag Basu speaks
With tabloids broadcasting actor Hrithik Roshan’s chemistry with Mexican hottie Barbara Mori, Kites director Anurag Basu reveals what exactly is going on between the two!
Here are few facts on Hrithik and Barbara
- Hrithik Roshan gets along well with Barbara Mori and her family.
- The Roshans attended the recent Star Screen Awards with Barbara and her boyfriend.
- Barbara was by his side when he was admitted to the Reliance Hospital at Andheri, northwestern Mumbai, after an accident on the sets of Kites.
- Hrithik is close to Barbara’s son, Sergio Jr.
- The Roshans pay the rent for Barbara’s serviced apartment in Juhu, where she stays with her family. They also provided her with an expensive vanity van.
- Hrithik’s wife Suzanne and his sister Sunaina are reportedly good friends with Barbara too.
That has been fodder for the rumour mills to go into overdrive, sparking off news of an ‘affair’ between the two. “Hrithik and Barbara Mori are not having an affair!” claims director Anurag Basu.
“The truth is,” says Basu, “Barbara can’t speak English properly and has a heavy accent. I don’t speak very good English myself. So Hrithik plays mediator and translator between the two of us (while shooting for Kites). I explain the scenes to him and he explains them to her. They get along very well as costars and help each other a lot.”
Basu adds, “Barbara obviously does not know Hindi and people in Mumbai will not understand her accented English. So Hrithik and Susanne, who are very hospitable people, are helping her get around town. This is her first visit to Mumbai and Bollywood and they want to make it as memorable and perfect (for her) as possible. After all, the Roshans are producing the film. People saw Hrithik and Barbara meeting off the sets, and stories of their affair started. In reality, there is nothing like that.”
With all the attention focused on Hrithik and Barbara, the other actor in the film, Kangana Ranaut, is conspicuous by her absence. Anurag explains, rather bluntly, “The truth is, Barbara has a meatier role in the film. Her character is more important. The film revolves around the love story between Hrithik and Barbara’s character.”
Kites is a love triangle between Hrithik Roshan, Kangana Ranaut and Barbara Mori. Hrithik plays a Salsa dance instructor whom Kangana and Barbara fall in love with at different points of time. Hrithik has also sung a song in the film.
The film has been shot in Las Vegas, Mexico, Maldives and Mumbai and is slated for a Diwali release this year.
Source: Star India