Part Two of ‘Ask Joginder’. A few questions on Krrish 3, Talaash and Dabangg 2 answered!
Which films have the best chances of beating 33 crore first day number of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ in the coming 12-13 months? – Aashish
- Krrish 3 (most definitely), Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2 (good chances), Dabangg 2 (outside chance), Chennai Express (if it finds a holiday release for itself) and ‘Dhoom 3’/’P.K.’ (100%, if either of the two Aamir starrers indeed release on Christmas next year).
Is Talaash carrying good Word Of Mouth? The response on the internet is mixed, but reviews are very positive – Anonymous
- Different sources, whether official or unofficial, may have their own interpretations, analysis or inference around something as subjective as word of mouth. My suggestion – Always form an opinion based on what those 5-10-15 people in your close vicinity have to say about a film. Go by their word of mouth as it is direct and most authentic.
‘Dabangg 2’ trailer has created a lot of buzz but since ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ became a ‘blockbuster’ just because of Salman ‘s name (even though it had a weak storyline), do you think people will still trust him and go on to watch it in big numbers ? – Raj
- ‘Dabangg’ as a brand is huge and most importantly, it has managed huge recollection value for itself during the last couple of years. ‘Dabangg 2’ has been in news for quite some time as well and since the promos have done the trick, expect the film to be historic on it’s release. Remember, this isn’t one of those many Salman releases in a year. Here he is back as ‘Chulbul Pandey’ and that reason is strong enough for a large segment of audience to queue up for tickets. Of course if the content is not good, it won’t survive in the long run.
What’s the response to the music of ‘Dabangg 2’? Which songs do you think will be chartbusters? Will it help the film’s opening? – Neeraj Patil
- Music of ‘Dabangg 2’ has masses in the interiors as the target audience and there, especially in the cow belt, it would do quite well. ‘Pandeyji’, ‘Fevicol’ and ‘Dagabaaz’ are all chartbuster material. Yes, popular songs always act as good ingredient towards a film’s success and Sajid-Wajid compositions for ‘Dabangg 2’ aren’t any exceptions.
Is Ragini MMS clashing with Krrish 3 next year? – Rahul Singh
- Nothing can be put on paper as of now, especially when not even a frame of ‘Ragini MMS’ has been shot so far. Such kind of speculations do well in keeping a film in news. However practically speaking, no filmmaker can be expected to risk their product in face of such immense competition unless there is a definite strategy being put into place. To firm that up, there are at least six more months to go before a definitive statement can be made.
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder
You can ask Joginder a question – just fill the form below.