Salman Khan’s Wanted is expected to do well for several reasons, here are some of them along with the opening weekend and final net gross prediction.
- Hype and curiosity is huge both in metro’s as well as the smaller cities and towns in India. Wanted could well be the Ghajini of 2009. While the initial is not expected to be as huge as the Aamir Khan movie – due to the release of Dil Bole Hadippa – Wanted is expected to take the biggest opening of 2009.
- The initial response from the industry and those who have already watched the movie is fantastic. Most believe Wanted to be Salman Khan’s best performance ever.
- Its an action masala entertainer that should work big time in B and C centres (smaller cities, towns, even villages).
- Flops in the recent past, hasn’t yet made a dent on Salman Khan’s star power. He’s still capable of drawing audiences to theatres.
What remains to be seen..
- To what extent Yashraj Films Dil Bole Hadippa will affect the collections of Wanted?
- Can Wanted beat Love Aaj Kal? If it does, Salman would smash his way back into the Top 5.
- Overseas collections : Bollywood action movies don’t really do well Internationally.
- Opening weekend in India – 24 crores
- 1st week collections in India – 45 crores (due to the extended EID weekend)
- Final nett gross (if liked) – 85 crores
- Final nett gross (if mixed) – 75 crores
- Final nett gross (if rejected, highly unlikely) – 60 crores
What do you think? Do submit your prediction and box office related comments below..