Wake Up Sid, produced by Dharma Productions, released on a limited number of prints this week and has opened to a fantastic response at multiplexes, recording close to 100% collections during the evening and night shows on Friday.
Right from the premier shows on Thursday night, the word of mouth has been extremely positive which should result in increased number of screens and shows after the first week.
Here are some reasons why we believe the movie should have a long and successful run at the box office
- Reviews are positives, majority of those who have watched the movie have loved it.
- Other release this weekend ‘Do Knot Disturb’ has been critically thrashed and the audience verdict is clear, the movie is too monotonous to sit through. A torture in short.
- Lack of competition from other releases make Wake Up Sid the first and only choice for multiplex audience. What’s your Rashee last week’s release isn’t doing well. Wanted in its 3rd week is still strong but only on single screens.
- The music has worked big time, Wake Up Sid title track is very popular.
- The movie has repeat value and should be equally enjoyable on second watch.
Overall its yet another winner for Karan Johar. Wake Up Sid should go on to be a super-hit or more and with Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani looking very promising, 2009 could well be Ranbir Kapoor’s year.
Could he make it to the Top 5 by the end of the year? What do you think? Comments below