A fun poll, not to be taken too seriously and no offense meant to the nominated actors. Here are the nominations for the worst actors in Bollywood
- Tusshar Kapoor – Terrible in almost every genre except comedy, Tusshar made his debut in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai opposite Kareena Kapoor. The movie was a runaway hit at the box office and Tusshar went on to win several Best debut awards including the Filmfare. Then came a string of disasters (and terrible performances) Kya Dil Ne Kaha, Jeena Sirf Mere Liye, Kuch To Hai, Yeh Dil and many more. He excelled as a dumb (speechless) man in the Golmaal series, probably the only two performances that the actor will be remembered for.
- Zayed Khan – Better known as Suzzane Roshan’s brother and Hrithik Roshan’s brother-in-law, Zayed started off well in Main Hoon Na, but its been all down hill since then.. He says he hasn’t been too serious about his career, we think he’s a non-actor.. what about you?
- Fardeen Khan – It took Fardeen more than a decade in the industry to show any signs of improvement as an actor.. He was good (by his standards) in All the Best and Life Partner.
- John Abraham – Kareena called the actor “expressionless” on Koffee with Karan, we think so too. Having said that, John has achieved a lot more success and earned a lot more money than most ‘good actors’ can even dream off.
- Dino Morea – Great looks and physique but zero acting talent. For someone who started off with the blockbuster Raaz, Dino’s career has nose-dived ever since.
- Upen Patel – After winning the Best Debut IIFA award for his terrible performance in 36 China Town Upen screamed from roof-tops “I’ve signed eight films and this is just the beginning, but I can’t wait to become a superstar”. He surely must have under-estimated the struggle, dedication, hard-work and most importantly – talent which he clearly lacks – to achieve superstardom. Few disasters later, Upen was last seen in the super-hit Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani. After seeing which, the idea of creating this poll was born.
- Bobby Deol – Both, his brother Sunny and father Dharmendra dominated the industry, Bobby unfortunately didn’t come close. He deserves credit though for being the best thing about the trashy Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.
- Sohail Khan – Tries too hard to be funny, making innumerably different faces in every on-screen appearance and falls flat almost always.
- Himesh Reshammiya – His first film was well marketed – The reason behind him wearing his infamous cap (which was never revealed, but we all knew it was due to hair loss), how he would look without it and also the curiosity to see him act.. all contributed in a big way to make Aap Ka Surroor a huge success at the box office. Then came Karzzz and Radio.. The former collectively put everyone in theater to sleep and the later was by far the most unintentionally funny movies of the year.
Whose the worst? Submit your votes, you can select 3 actors from the list.
Note – One highly requested actor to make it to this list was Abhishek Bachchan. Sorry, but Abhishek isn’t too bad an actor. Its the expectations that people have had from him being the son of Amitabh Bachchan, that has weighed him down. He was fantastic in Guru, Yuva, Dostana and the most recent Paa.
Added to the list – Aftab Shivdasani, Uday Chopra, Ashmit Patel