It’s said by some people that ‘Talaash’ distributors want the exhibitors to book their film for minimum two weeks, thus blocking ‘Khiladi 786’. At the minimum, how many screens you think shall be given to ‘Khiladi 786’? – Samir Rathod
- Such talks have become as common as the ones that used to happen a few years ago around revenue sharing and then about big ticket clashes. ‘Khiladi 786’ is not suffering due to any mandate and would be getting as much screens, both in single screens as well as multiplexes, as a top Akshay Kumar film deserves and gets.
After ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’ and ‘Peekay’, will Anushka Sharma be the top actress of Bollywood? – Pranjal Dasgupta
- Anushka Sharma is already amongst one of the top actresses in the country. However to be at the number one spot, she would have to be around and consistent for at least a couple of more years. Also, let’s not forget that by the time her next three films are released, even Katrina Kaif (Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Dhoom 3) and Kareena Kapoor (Talaash, Satyagraha, Imran Khan starrer) – top two actresses in the business today – would have seen multiple releases and (expectedly) enjoyed more box office winners.
Who is the top contender to win Best Actor award so far this year? – Joshua
- There have been quite a few good performances this year and most of the following would take home an award or two in various capacities (Best Actor – Popular, Best Actor – Critics, Best Actor – Debutant) across different functions. These are: Hrithik Roshan (Agneepath), Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi!), Shahrukh Khan (Jab Tak Hai Jaan), Paresh Rawal (OMG – Oh My God), Irrfan Khan (Paan Singh Tomar), Ayushmann Khuranna (Vicky Donor), Arjun Kapoor (Ishaqzaade), Akshay Kumar (Rowdy Rathore), Emraan Hashmi (Shanghai), Manoj Bajpayee (Gangs of Wasseypur I), Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Gangs of Wasseypur II), Arjun Rampal (Chakravyuh), Varun Dhawan (Student of the Year), Sidharth Malhotra (Student of the Year). There are more contenders ‘expected’ in Ajay Devgn (Son of Sardaar), Salman Khan (Dabangg 2), and of course Aamir Khan (Talaash).
How is the response to ‘Dabangg 2’ promo? – Kavita
- It is just an extended teaser of sorts that has been released and while the response is quite good, it is also quite clear though that both Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan have stuck to the core of ‘Dabangg’ and haven’t played around with the template. This is a good sign for a film which is now confirmed to be a true blue sequel than just another film which merely uses the platform as a franchise. While the film is a definite winner, how big would be answered once the song promos are out.
There are so many Sunny Deol films which are ready. When would they be released? – Jignesh
- No one really knows, and that’s the sad part! At last count, two of his films – ‘I Love New York’ and ‘Mohalla Assi’ – are almost complete and ready for release. However there is no release date to them yet. There isn’t much progress on ‘Bhaiyaaji Superhit’ though ‘Singh Saheb The Great’ and ‘Ishq De Maare’ would be going on floors soon. The only film of Sunny which is definitely releasing is ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana 2’, the shooting of which is currently on.
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder
You can ask Joginder a question – just fill the form below.