List of the Top 10 Bollywood movies ever to perform best on its first Friday (the day of release)..
- Love Aaj Kal
- Kambakht Ishq
- Singh Is King
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
- De Dana Dhan
- Om Shanti Om
Quite obviously the list is dominated by the top stars in the Industry.
Stars with most films in the Top 10
- Akshay Kumar dominates the list with 4 films in the Top 10. Apart from Chandni Chowk To China and 8 x 10 Tasveer every Akki film in the 15 months has opened exceedingly well on its opening day. This week’s release De Dana Dan is at No 7, below Kambakht Ishq and Singh Is King.
- Shahrukh Khan comes second with two releases – Rab Ne and Om Shanti Om – in the Top 10.
- Saif Ali Khan is third due to Race being a multi starrer. Saif’s solo film Love Aaj Kal is in the Top 10 too.
- Aamir Khan’s box office monster Ghajini, the biggest grosser in the history of the industry tops the list. 3 Idiots should easily make it to the No 2 spot by the end of the year.
- Ranbir Kapoor the youngest star in the list scored big time with Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
- Hrithik Roshan had just one release in the last 2 years – Jodha Akbar’s box office opening was restricted due to the ban in a few states in India and also the fact that the film was a historical.
- None of Salman Khan’s films have performed well enough to hit the Top 10.
- Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan have a 100% success ratio in the last 3 years.
- 5 films in the Top 10 are from 2009.
Top 10 list source – Box office India