Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan joins the likes of Bill Clinton (former US President), Bill Gates (Microsoft founder), Sergey Brin (Google Founder), Jeff Bezos (Amazon Founder) amongst many other remarkable people – to address the audience in a conference at TED Talks (Technology, Entertainment and Design talks) in Canada.
The iconic superstar, who is known for his articulate speeches at various universities around the world, has become the first Indian actor to speak on the TED talks stage.
Apart from SRK, the current edition of Ted Talks will also witness top tennis player Serena Williams and business-magnate Elon Musk – as the other motivational speakers this year.
Back home in India, Shah Rukh has been signed to host the television show ‘TED Talks India: Nayi Soch’. He awaits the release of his upcoming untitled film, directed by Imtiaz Ali.
Some inspirational quotes from SRK’s speech:
- You can use your energy to spread the darkness of destruction or you can use it to spread the joy of light to millions.
- There are so many people in India who would like to come out with their ideas and thoughts, and speak them in Hindi.
- We had expected an expansion of ideas and dreams; we had not bargained for the enclosure of judgment.
- Humanity is a lot like me. It’s an aging movie star, grappling with all the newness, wondering whether she got it right.
- I sell dreams and I peddle love to millions of people back home in India who assume that I am the best lover in the world.
- It has to be you who creates a world that is its own best lover, that should be the future you.
- I looked at my face and realised I am starting to look more and more like my wax statue at Madame Tussauds.