Article by Abhishek Sharma
Salman Khan made his debut about 2 and half decades ago in Biwi Ho To Aisi, where he had a supporting role to play. Since then, he has featured in more than 75 films (including special appearances). His acting talent has always been under-rated, but what you simply cannot argue, is the fact that he is one of the most successful superstars India has ever seen.
Here is my list of Salman Khan’s Top 10 Performances
1. Tere Naam: Salman put his heart-n-soul into the character of Radhey Mohan in Tere Naam. The movie came at a time when his career was quickly sliding and brought him back into reckoning. Although the film wasn’t one his biggest hits commercially, it remains his most liked and acclaimed performance.
2. Dabangg: It was a close call between Dabangg and Tere Naam as Salman lived the character of Chulbul Pandey to the fullest. Humor, Anger, Romance.. it was a prefect blend of every emotion. The commercial success of Dabangg was also the turning point of his career after a prolonged lean patch.
3. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun: These kind of boy-next-door roles are actually very tough to enact because there is a very thin line, which if crossed might look pretty awkward or unconvincing on screen (like Hrithik Roshan in Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon). But Salman played the iconic character of Prem with ease and looked every bit the character.
4. Judwaa: This was the movie that started his partnership with David Dhawan and they both went on to work in several hits over the last decade. Both the characters – Tapori Raja and the nice guy Prem – were poles apart from each other. And Salman was at his best here. Unfortunately, he won’t be a part of the sequel.
5. Maine Pyaar Kiya: This is were it all started for Salman Khan. Under Sooraj Barjatya’s brilliant direction, Salman was raw and lovable. Considering the fact that this movie was only his 2nd release, his performance was superb. He fitted the role to the T and Maine Pyaar Kiya made him an overnight superstar.
6. Wanted: Salman looked at ease with action in the remake of Pokkiri and played both the rowdy as well as the officer’s part very well. Action scenes were brilliantly done. Although Wanted wasn’t as successful as Dabangg, it started the trend of south remakes and action entertainers in Bollywood (along with Aamir’s Ghajini of course)
7. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: This movie boasts of some power packed performances by all it’s lead stars – Ajay Devgan and Aishwarya Rai were terrific, but Salman was a stand-out. His chemistry with Aishwarya was electrifying, arguably the best he has shared with any of his leading ladies. The off-screen relationship that the two shared during the time, translated into beautiful chemistry on screen.
8. Biwi No. 1: The portrayal of a infidel husband, caught between his loyal wife and an attractive girlfriend, with elements of comedy was done perfectly by Salman in this David Dhawan directed entertainer. The movie went on to become the biggest hit of the year.
9. Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai: Salman played the role of a brat and then a responsible father with utmost conviction. The character was tailor made for him and left a lasting impression. The Deepak Sareen directed film also featured Twinkle Khanna.
10. Jaan-e-Mann: This is one of my personal favorites, simply because it didn’t do too well at the box-office. I still wonder why the movie failed to make a mark, but for me this is one of the best emotional performances by Salman, ever!
So there it is, that’s my list of Salman Khan’s Best 10 performances. More than the film’s popularity and success, the list is based on his on-screen histrionics, which is the reason why some of his biggest hits are ranked lower. Also I pondered a lot but found it hard to include Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Andaz Apna Apna, Karan Arjun, No Entry, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi or Saajan as these movies had some solid performances by his other male co-stars.
Some of his other noteworthy performances that didn’t make it to the Top 10 list were Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Khamoshi , Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya and Garv.
Do give your views and your own Top 10 list. Any other performance which you consider was worthy enough to make it to the list?
1. tere naam
3. hum dil de chuke sanam
5. hum aapke hai kaun
7. maine pyar kiya
10. andaaz apna apna
I liked his performance in Karan Arjun too. But yes liked his performance in tere naam the most.
Tere naam is his best performance
every1 knows that salman was the most popular star during 1990- 1999….now lets see the top grossing films from 2001-2012:-
2001:- sunny deol(gadar)
2002:- srk (devdas)
2003:- hrithik ( koi mil gaya)
2004:- srk (main hoon na) & salman (mujhse shaadi karogi)
2005:- salman (no entry & maine pyar kyun kiya)
2006:- hritik (dhoom2 & krrish)
2007:- akshay(welcome)&srgay( chak de & oso) & salman (partner)&amir(tzp)
2008:- aamir (ghajini) & akshay (singh is kingg)
2009:- aamir (3 idiots)&salman (wanted)
2010:- salman (dabangg) & ajay (golmaal3)
2011:- salman (ready & bodyguard)
2012:- it will be salman (ett & dabangg 2) akshay (rr &hf2) amir (talassh) &hritik(agneepath)
My fav actor. . .
hm interesting but not accurate
mujhse shadi karogi was dam gud
garv was another ex.
salman should rely more on acting rather than his body..
its good that sallu fans wanna see him shirtless on-screen..
but there is neutral audience too..dey cannot accept him show his body every damn movie of his…
its time for salman too really grow up…and should focus more on story and script
salman khan ko toh acting hi nahi karni aati….
ready & bodyguard…d worst movies ever…
ek tha tiger looks good..
i hope isme acchi story dekhne ko mile..
@indicine,, post about top ten performance of hrithik roshan..this’s my humble request to you.:)
tere naam is best
and khamoshi the musical should be in top 10
after 15 august ek tha tiger will take 1st spot
I LOVE SALMAN.HE IS AMAZING……………
Slaman’s best performances are as good as other actor’s worst performances….honestly saying, he is a superstar..no doubt, bt not a good actor in any terms…
SALMAN KHAN should quit acting..
he’s more like a model who showcases his body and muscles in every movie…
WE ARE SEROIUSLY NOT INTERSTED IN SALMAN’S BODY.
WE PAY RS.200-400 TO WATCH A GOOD STORY AND A GREAT PERFORMANCES.
TERE NAAM was his best performance…
followed by DABANGG and WANTED..
please post top 10 performances of Akshay Kumar as well as he has done variety of characters…
Please indicine please!!!!
One and only superstar in this whole world. SALMAN KHAN.
1. tere naam
5. hum aapke hai kaun
still laughing at WHY JAAN-E-MANN flopped…
Yes,. It is SRK power..
salman again tried to pull down OM SHANTI OM collections by promoting SAAWARIYA
but alas!!….SRK se jo panga leta hai..wo muh ki khata hai…saawariya bombed at d box office and OSO ruled over d world beating TOM CRUISE’S lion for lambs collection…
den last year he tried to promote his friend reshammiya’s film DAMADAMM and esha deol’s TELL ME O KHUDA to bring down RA.ONE
par sabko pata hai in 2 filmon ka ky hua..kis ko pata bhi nahi chala salman ki promoted films 26 oct ko hi release hui thi…)
aur is baar bhi salman SRK se panga le rah ahai..he is promoting SOS by doing an item song.
carry on salman..
we know y are u so much insecure of SRK…
coz..BAADSHAH toh ek hi hota hai..aur wo hai SRK…
Salman is a superstar but if we carefully look into his career we will find that he is not very consistent.He was way behind Aamir , SRK,Sunny and Govinda who ruled the 90s.He gave 8 flops between Partner and Wanted.The last 8 films of SRK in the last six years have been successful in India and overseas.But with Dabangg Salman has bounced back and now he should concentrate on good roles rather than doing south remakes and masala movies.He is a good actor but can not be compared to legends like SRK and Aamir.
If u talk about acting then tere naam is far better movie then all movie done by srk and aamir for your kind information.
if u talk about ACTING
go watch Kal Ho Naa Ho,Taare Zameen,My Name Is Khan,Lagaan Par and Chak De India…
Tere Naam was his best movie!!! Sher Khan in 2013 will be his Best ever for sure.
Salman is phenomenon, hits like MPK, HAHK, KKHH, Biwi No 1, Saajan, Judwa, PKTDK, HSSH, No Entry, Partner Wanted, Dabaang, Ready, Bodyguard, ETT (for sure) proves this point. There are other pictures too which I did not mention. He has the ability to sell even a non selling film. He is entertainer. If one likes serious film they should see pictures of Naseeruddin Shah, Ompuri, Kamal Hassan, Mohan Lal. Those who wants 2-3 hrs pure entertainsment should watch his film. Other actors are also good but he is pole apart. Yes, he had seen downs too, but he does so many films that it sometimes affects the box office. Who can forget, he started his career with 6 consecutive hits and only star to have 5 ATBB.
he’s the best !!!!!!!! salman will again rule in 2012!!! 2 alltime blockbusters:- ett &dabangg2!!!!!!!
karan arjun (sab ko pta he ki is flim me salman ne sabki bolti band kr di thi )
hum dil de chuke sanam
3)hum dil de chuke sanam
4)hum apke hain kaun
5)maine pyaar kyia
8)maine pyaar kyuin kyia
10)mujhse shaadi karogi
and i also very much like salman performance in london dreams,biwi no 1,andaz apna apna,garv,hum sath sath hain & lucky. …..what u say frnds please reply
Hi friend Salmaan khan top ten preformance –
1. Dabangg (all time blockbuster)
2. Hum aapke hain kaun (all time blockbuster)
3. Maine pyar kiya (all time blockbuster)
4. Kuchh kuchh hota hai (all time blockbuster)
5. Bodyguard (blockbuster)
5. Ready (blockbuster)
6. Partnar (blockbuster)
8. Karan arjun (blockbuster)
9. Wanted (super hit)
10. No entry (super hit)
Salman khan best performence In [ANDAZ APNA APNA]