It’s probably the best time to release a film, especially a film like Rowdy Rathore. Here’s why..
- The IPL distraction is over and people have been waiting for a mass entertainer – the last big release was Housefull 2 about 2 months back.
- There is absolutely no competition – no major release last week, Department is out of theaters, Vicky Donor is nearing the end of it’s run and Ishaqzaade will be in it’s 4th weekend.
- Like it or not, masala action films is what the audience want to see – both at single-screens and multiplexes.
Too add to all the above factors; Rowdy Rathore has tremendous buzz around it, Akshay Kumar is on a high after the super-success of Housefull 2, the music is a hit and the trailers have worked big time.
So what can we expect from Rowdy Rathore at the all important box-office? Will it be a HIT or FLOP?
Well, we think the opening day collections should be around 14 – 15 crores (nett). The rest of the predictions are below.
IF GOOD (positive word-of-mouth)
- Weekend – 50 crores+
- Weekdays – 28 crores
- Week 1 Total – 78 crores
- Final – 130 crores
IF AVERAGE (mixed word-of-mouth)
- Weekend – 45 crores
- Weekdays – 23 crores
- Week 1 Total – 68 crores
- Final – 100 crores
IF BAD (worst case scenario)
- Weekend – 42 crores
- Weekdays – 15 crores
- Week 1 Total – 57 crores
- Final – Less than 70 crore
We asked our Twitter followers to predict the opening day and weekend collections. Here are some of their predictions.
- Amit Kumar Biswas – Opening day 17 to 17.5 crore and 52 to 53 crore weekend
- Saajid Patel – Opening day 16.5 crore+ and 45 crore+ weekend
- Bhargav Kumar – Opening day 16+ and Weekend 50+
- Pradeep – Opening day 17.6 crore, Weekend 52.32 crore
- Deepak – Opening day 13.75 crore, Weekend 43 crores
Considering the amount of money that has been recovered from Satellite and music rights, ‘Flop’ is almost ruled out. Worst case, Rowdy Rathore should be a HIT. If the content is strong, it could well be a Blockbuster. Also, Shanghai is scheduled to release a week later. So, if the word-of-mouth is poor, second weekend collections could be affected badly.
What are you thoughts on the box-office outcome of Rowdy Rathore? Tell us in the comments section below.
Note: Detailed info on how much it needs to attain different verdicts, will be up soon.