Less than 5 years since he made his debut with Saawariya, Ranbir Kapoor has firmly established himself as one of the most talented actors in the industry today.
Ranbir has featured in 8 films (excluding special appearances in Chillar Party and Luck By Chance) and it’s pretty astounding that he already has 5 top-notch performances.
Below, we pick 5 of Ranbir Kapoor’s Best Performances.
1. Rockstar – From the innocent Janaradhan to the arrogant Jordon, Ranbir got everything right in Rockstar. Watch out for the scene where he walks into the canteen, with an innocent face, convinced that he has his heart-broken by Heer – and the samosa dialogue that follows. Brilliant. For me, Rockstar was a flawed film, that worked partially, only because of Ranbir’s outstanding performance and A R Rahman’s music. Rating: 5 / 5
2. Rocket Singh: Salesman of the year – Arguably one of the finest films of his career so far, it was hard to spot Ranbir Kapoor in Rocket Singh – from start to finish it was only the character of Harpreet Singh Bedi – that pretty much sums up the acting range that this man possesses. Rating: 5 / 5
3. Wake Up Sid – In just the 3rd film of his career, Ranbir Kapoor proved his versatility in a coming-of-age film. His boy-next-door looks, excellent comic-timing and the chemistry he shared with the much-senior Konkana Sen Sharma – earned him his first Filmfare Best Actor nomination. He lost out to Amitabh Bachchan (Paa) in the popular category, but won the critics awards. Rating: 4.5 / 5
4. Rajneeti – Holding his own against veteran actors like Ajay Devgan, Manoj Bajpyee and Nana Patekar, Ranbir was impressive as Samar Pratap. The film is also the biggest hit of his career so far. Rating 4 / 5
5. Saawariya – The much-hyped film didn’t work at the box-office, but Ranbir’s performance was unanimously hailed as one of the best by a newcomer. Yes, he tried too hard to charm and those giggles were too frequent, but facing the camera for the very first time, carrying the pressure of an illustrious family — Ranbir passed a difficult test with flying colors. Rating: 3.5 / 5
Do post your own list of Ranbir’s best performances. Also, which is your favorite Ranbir Kapoor movie? Tell us in the comments section below.
Rockstar & rajneeti were too good. graet films & great work by ranbir….
2) Anjaana Anjaani-4.5/5
3) Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani-4.5/5
5) Wake Up Sid/Bachna Ae Haseeno-3.5/5
^ Those ratings are for his movies or performances ?
@Indicine, I am going to say both because I mostly liked those movies cause of his performances. Because, Raajneeti’s and Rockstar’s performances were just brilliant all over. Ranbir showed his brilliant comic timing in APKGK and his ability to excel in emotional sequences in AA too. In Wake Up Sid he excelled in all platforms. I added Bachna Ae Haseeno to the list becuase he was jsut a newcomer and he still gave a confident performance while most other actors are a little bit warry in their films.
Pretty good but I would like to see APKGK in this list..
APKGK MUST BE IN TOP 5
Ranbir kapoor is the next srk of Bollywood. Keep up the great work ranbir
Ajab Prem Ki..should clash with Wake Up Sid..at number 3.
Ranbir is next SRK…
@Aashkaran, since this topic is related to Ranbir.. let’s not discuss SRK here. I have removed your comment, but made a note of it.
Ranbir is a good actor but still has a long way to go
Thanks @indicine for giving importance to our views to. You make us feel like a part of your website :-)
My list of best Ranbir Kapoor movies
1. Rockstar – He was brilliant, don’t think any other actor could have done this role.
2. Wake Up Sid – Beautiful movie, break performance
3. Rajneeti – Not a big role but Ranbir was very good
4. Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani – Excellent comic timing
5. Rocket Singh / Bachna Ae Haseeno – I liked both
Now this one is seriously funny…. How many notable movies has Ranbir acted in and you are making this funny list of top 5 ???? Let him act for 5-6 more years…..
Except Mutistarrer Rajneeti, all are Box Office Duds, This Ranbir Kapoor is Most OverRated actor. Media is pumping him like anything. He has Best PR. Having Spent 5 yrs in Bollywood just 1 Solo Hit. Even Imran Khan, Arjun Kapoor, Ayushmann, Ranveer Singh have Better Success %. RANBIR KAPOOR is Nothing just MEDIA HYPED actor. #Fail
Hey guys plz dont compare these kind of crap with amir,salman,srk,hrithik or someone else becoz they all have achieved a lots & lot more in their very first 5 years & for which they have been ruling the industry from the past 20_25 years.Ok let me ask can ranbir atleast survive for ten more years in bollywood with support of his dad,his fans etc ?
As said by someone above he & his family itself is creating hype on him in media which is highlighting him thats all.Behind it he is less talented than imran khan & also ranveer singh.Let 2 years go u will see how far u could see ranbir kapoor in bollywood.He is just noted for his linkups,datings & vulgar acts thats it.
@indicine why don’t u block the silly comments by srk fans like @Raghav. they are sick & bring his name into every discussion. ranbir in the next 2-3 years will surely overtake srk, but not aamir, hrithik & salman.
just like an amitabh bachchan can’t be compared with Dilip saab and an aamir/hrithik can’t be compared to amitabh bachchan. similarly Ranbir shouldn’t be compared with aamir or hrithik or other khans.
Dilip Kumar was the best in 50s & 60s.
Amitabh Bachchan was the best in 70s & 80s.
Khans were the best in 90s & 2ks.
Hrithik was the best in 2ks & will rule next decade too.
Ranbir will also rule this decade along with hrithik.
So, frankly RANBIR is the best young Superstar and way ahead of any other actor of his generation.
my fav performances of ranbir would be :
1. ROCKSTAR – definitely his best performance. he was just perfect as Jordan/JJ. (5/5)
2. SAAWARIYA – yes the movie flopped but ranbir’s performance was superb and he reminded a lot of the great Raj Kapoor. (5/5)
3. Rocket Singh- Salesman of The Year – again the movie under-performed but ranbir’s performance was appreciated. a tough role played by perfection. (4.5/5)
4. Wake Up Sid – great movie and ranbir was again very good in this movie. (4.5/5)
5. Rajneeti/ Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani – rajneeti’s samar was his 1st grey role played very well by him. APKGK is his biggest hit among the masses and the movie was nothing without ranbir. a simple film made great by ranbir’s performance. (4/5)
Bachna ae Haseeno (3.5/5) will be 6th for me & Anjaana Anjaani (3/5) would be 7th.
@indicine: Just the perfect choice u have made!!!! no ifs no buts!!!!! and the major thing, that u didnt include APKGK in that list as it was a shit with nthng good in it!!!!! it was nt the comic timing, it was a full over-acting…… this list is the best
Ranbir Kapoor is overrated.
He was better in Anjaana Anjaani & Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani than in Saawariya.
Rockstar is his best agreed, but looks like Barfee is going to beat that.
^ I hope so :)
It is too early Indicine to declare top 5 performances of Ranbir Kapoor as he is still very young and he has potential.And to all sallu lallu fans it is not possible for him to perform a role like MNIK as Sallu is zero as far as sensitive roles are concerned.Moreover MNIK is a hit in India and All time blockbuster in overseas.Grow up sallu fans.
Rockstar, was the worst movie, with the worst performance by Ranbir…I really think that no-one saw a true “rockstar” if all of the people were impresioned by Ranbir performances in this shit*y movie.
The best performance, for me remains, the one in Rajneeti…great movie, great performance.
I liked him in Bachna aae haseeno, but hated it in Sawariya. Another performance really good was the one in Anjaana Anjaani.
Imraan is next Aamir I mean blockbuster khan
Sawariya disaster debut actor in bollywood
Quite agree with yr list, but I still don’t think that he did a great job in Rajneeti! I could say instead, he did a good job in Ajab Prem ki ghazab kahani.. he was so funny in one scene and performed very well, the scene in the party.. this film deserves to be mentioned too.
I feel that Apkgk and rockstar in these both movies he performed so deserve 5/5 ranking
Wake up sid and rajneet bothh should b given 4.5/5
i also love ranbir kapoor
ranbir is the next big superstar. he’s definitely the next big thing after amitabh bachchan, aamir khan & hrithik roshan
ranbir is good actor.he is not getting films bcoz of his dad he has talent so he is raising.he has better talent than imran,ranveer and he wil also beat khans.he is a superstar.he wil be a superstar