Ra One is Shahrukh Khan’s most ambitious project to date. His dream superhero film and the actor has already dedicated it to his son Aryan. Correct us if we are wrong, but there is something that doesn’t seem to be right with Ra One. It seems like a repeat of Hrithik Roshan’s Kites.
We are not predicting the box office outcome of the film, but just going by all the news and rumours that have been flying around the internet, mostly from credible sources – all is not well.
- Firstly, the film has been in the making for more than 4-5 years now (from the pre-production stages) and according to director Anubhav Sinha, he has put in more than 4 years of his life into Ra One. No big deal, but how many changes have been made to the script in all those years? Is it still what Anubhav and others credited for the screenplay, had written all those years ago?
- Which brings us to the next point – 3 directors. Officially, the director of Ra One is Anubhav Sinha. But due to some issues which we assume are creative differences between Anubhav and SRK, good-friend Karan Johar was asked to direct the romantic portions between the lead actors. Later, when Karan was busy with his upcoming film ‘Student of the year’ he recommended Tarun Mansukhani to Shahrukh. Tarun of Dostana fame then took over the directorial reigns for the last 20 days of shoot. And we all thought its an Anubhav Sinha film? How can you replace / side-line a director who has conceptualized the entire film with someone who probably knows nothing about it? Quite scary!
- Out of nowhere, Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra were signed on to play cameos. Now we hear, Priyanka plays the role of a Transvestite (Hijra or half-man-half-woman). Were these characters a part of the original script written by Anubhav or have they been added just for star-value?
- The film is titled after the villain Ra One played by Arjun Rampal. SRK plays the role of G One. Now the title doesn’t really matter but imagine if Spiderman was titled the Green Goblin. Or Krrish was titled Dr Arya after Naseeruddin Shah’s character. Sounds funny doesn’t it? Its weird, but we agree with SRK’s clarification on the title. Ra One just sounds better than G One.
- Ra One is not a superhero film alone. Its a mixture of all genre’s that would have enough in it for everyone says SRK. Hopefully they have not included item numbers and actor-tributes like those seen in Yashraj Films.
We hope the film has turned out well and these last minute actor-director additions work in favour of Ra One.
A lot of time, effort and money has gone into the making of this film and the stakes are too high! A slip here would prove to be too costly for all involved.
We will keep you updated on Ra One with the latest right until its release on October 26th. Do follow us on Facebook or Twitter (see below) to get all the latest news, box office reports and more.
What do you think of Ra One? Will it be a HIT or FLOP? Tell us in the comments section below.