Prem Ratan Dhan Payo has taken a record-breaking opening at the box office. The collections, pan-India, are extraordinary. Exhibitors have been reporting that a majority of the audience for the early morning shows were the youth.
Most single-screens and multiplexes were running to packed houses. Some multiplexes that usually schedule their first show at 10AM, have started screening PRDP as early as 8 in the morning and even these shows were running to 70-80% occupancy, which is extraordinary.
City wise Box Office Opening of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.
- Mumbai city: Bumper opening, packed houses. Early morning shows 65% plus occupancy, even with high number of shows at multiplexes. 10AM onwards it has picked up further.
- New Delhi: Advance booking was good here and the opening is 2 times better than the second best film of 2015. Way ahead of Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- Pune: Extraordinary start, again the best of 2015.
- Bangalore and Kolkata: Solid start, lower than other major cities.. but for morning shows, outstanding.
- Hyderabad: Very good start for the Hindi version, dubbed version poor.
- Chennai: Was affected by the release of regional films, but a good start. Dubbed version hasn’t opened well.
Overall, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo has taken the best opening of 2015. The mega star power of Salman Khan has proved yet again that he is the numero uno star in the country. It’s his 9th straight bumper opening – which started with Dabangg in 2010 and has shown no signs of slowing down.
PRDP is certain to record a 40 crore plus opening day. The reports from early morning shows are good, the film has something in it for everyone. The youth will enjoy the first half, the family audience will love the second.