On Sunday, a police case was filed against controversial filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma for his objectionable tweets on Lord Ganesha.
The complaint was filed by lawyer Karuna Sagar at the Saroornagar police station in Cyberabad.
“We have registered a case against Varma. We will seek legal opinion before proceeding further in the case” inspector B. Naveen Reddy told reporters.
The complainant alleged that RGV has hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by insulting Lord Ganesha through his series of tweets on his official handle @RGVZOOMIN.
The filmmaker was booked under four sections of the Indian Penal Code – sections 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace), 505 (statements conducing to public mischief), and 298 (hurting religious feelings).
The controversial tweets of Ram Gopal Varma below
- What did Ganesha do that his brother kumara dint do so that only Ganesha became god? Is it becos Kumara dint get head cut off like Ganesha?
- Can someone tell me if today is the day Ganesha was originally born or is it the day his dad cut his head off?
- Does Lord Ganesha eat with his hands or his trunk?
- I would really love to know from Lord Ganesha’s devotees a list of what obstacles he removed in all the years they prayed to him
- I have an innocent question…can someone please tell me how a Lord who couldn’t save his own head will save others heads?
- Does Lord Ganesha eat much more than other Gods? My doubt is becos all the other Gods are either trim or muscular
- Did Lord Ganesha have a paunch in his childhood too or did it develop in the recovery time of the elephant head operation?
- Happy Ganesh chaturdhi. .may this day 29th aug bring prosperity and happiness to everybody so that there will be no problems from 30th aug
- Can someone explain how someone can cut off a child’s head who was just trying to protect his mother’s modesty? Am sure devotees know better
- All concerned pls undrstand tht my questions nd observations on Ganesha are coming from both my innocence nd ignorance on the subject matter
- I would very much like to be educated on my queries on Ganesha by esteemed experts on the matter
- I think my films are flopping only becos of my attitude towards Gods. ..I wish I can become a devotee
- All tweets I put on Ganesha were in my usual manner but unintended by me to hurt anyone’s sentiments…but if they did I sincerely apologize