After a phenomenally successful 2016, Anushka Sharma returns to the silver screen in Phillauri – a low budget film also starring Punjabi superstar Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma and Mehreen Pirzada.
The pre-release buzz is almost non-existent, so the film is dependent on word-of-mouth to help it get over the 15 crore mark in the first weekend. The film will be a success if the lifetime business in the same range as ‘NH10’ (32 crore).
Competition from older releases will come from ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ which will remain the first choice at smaller centres and it could even challenge the collections of ‘Phillauri’ on Sunday.
IndicineFBO: We expect Phillauri to collect Rs 4 crore on Friday. The opening in the morning will be low, but the film – with positive reports – could grow as the day progresses.
Factors in favour of Phillauri:
- Anushka’s presence will help, she’s the numero uno female star in the industry today.
- Diljit is a major superstar in Punjab, his presence will boost collections in the north, mainly East Punjab and Delhi/UP to a certain extent.
- Inexpensive film, will be a success if business is at around the same level as Anushka’s NH10.
Factors against Phillauri:
- Promos haven’t generated interest.
- Word-of-mouth dependent.
- Dull period and an established film (Badrinath Ki Dulhania) is still going strong.
|Lucknow Central||1.8||-||1||15 Sep|
|Haseena Parkar||1.0||-||1||22 Sep|
|Judwaa 2||15.5||-||8||28 Sep|
|Ok Jaanu||5.6||4.08||2||13 Jan|
|Jolly LLB 2||14.25||13.2||6||10 Feb|
|Commando 2||4.0||4.25||2||3 Feb|
|Begum Jaan||3.1||3.94||3||14 Apr|
|Baahubali 2||33||41||10||28 Apr|
|Sarkar 3||3.0||2.0||2||12 May|
|Meri Pyaari Bindu||2.7||1.75||2||12 May|
|Half Girlfriend||9.2||10.27||6||19 May|
|Guest In London||1.7||1.5||2||7 Jul|
|Jagga Jasoos||8.8||8.57||4||14 Jul|
|Munna Michael||8.2||6.65||3||21 Jul|
|Jab Harry Met Sejal||17.0||15.25||6||4 Aug|
|Toilet: EPK||13.0||13.1||6||11 Aug|
|Bareilly Ki Barfi||2.1||2.4||2||18 Aug|
|Babumoshai Bandookbaaz||2.0||2.05||1||25 Aug|
|A Gentleman||5.7*||4.04*||2||25 Aug|
|Shubh Mangal Saavdhan||2.2||-||2||1 Sep|