Released in theatres last weekend, Talaash has collected approximately 65-67 crores at the domestic box office in it’s first week. With the release of Khiladi 786 this weekend, the Aamir Khan starrer is unlikely to cross the 100 crore mark and should end it’s theatrical run at 90-95 crores nett.
A lot readers here have been asking us about the costs and the price at which the theatrical rights were sold to Reliance. Details below..
- Total costs: Talaash was made on a budget of Rs 45-47 crores including print and marketing.
- The budget does not include Aamir Khan‘s acting fee. Instead, he will get a share of the profits.
- Worldwide theatrical rights: Sold to Reliance for Rs 60 crores.
Recovery – Revenue generated (Note: Approximates)
- Music rights: 4 crores
- Home video rights: 2 crores
- Overseas Distributors share: 20 crores (expected)
- Domestic Distributors share: 45 crores (expected, if the film does 90-95 crores nett)
- Satellite rights: 40 crores
- Total recovery: 111 crores
Overall, Talaash will be a profitable film for all involved – Reliance and the producers (Aamir Khan, Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar).