A local daily had recently carried a report that Dostana director Tarun Mansukhani had a fallout with his producer Karan Johar, which led to his ouster from Dharma Productions. The reasons cited by the daily were ‘creative differences’ which led to Dostana 2 being delayed.
Finally though, Tarun took to Twitter to clear the rumours. Here’s what he had to say
- Being asked by a lot of people suddenly about the article about me being ousted from Dharma.Didn’t care to clarify till now cause i genuinely thought no one would take such rubbish seriously. But seems a lot of people are. And some even happy that i am silent and not clearing the air.
- Apparently silence doesnt make u dignified, it makes u a door mat. So finally feel d need 2 say it out loud n clear out the rumours bout me.
- Rumour # 1 – “Karan has asked me to leave Dharma” – I have not been ousted from dharma. I am very much a part of the company. Always was and always will be. There are no misunderstandings or creative differences between Karan and me.
- Rumour # 2 – “I have asked for a share in profits” – I have never ever asked for a share in profits. Karan pays me more than I am worth. He has given me an apartment to stay in. And even tolerated and pampered me despite not having made a film since 2008. It would be extremely ungrateful of me, someone who is eternally indebted to him, to ever ask for a share in profits.
- Karan has n always will be my family my friend n my boss. Those who have a problem with it… Try all u want to break them. You should just hope that I don’t lose my patience with you. Cause I don’t play games. I’ll just make you my bitch for life.