Some plot holes and flaws of Don 2 by Indicine reader Sahil
Things I want to understand in DON 2
1) Have all his aides gone for Thanksgiving vacation that THE DON himself has to be the carrier for drugs and collect payment. This was there in the original DON, but that was released in 1978, I guess we have grown from that point.
2) Don’s surrender and then exit. Kind of same screenplay was written (mind it its “kind of” ) for Kidnap and half dozen movies. And no need to tell what was the response for Kidnap, but since this time SRK pulled this heroic stunt that’s y critics loved it.
3) Where was Roma exactly, a dance.. a chase.. and finally some screen presence in Climax. was she actually part of this project. Do u really think that the Script was at all balanced as there was only Don and Don.. like a autobiography of Gandhi where no other entity exists.
4) Mr Vardhan, for those of u who remember the scare crow in the field aka DON. What was his purpose except of the fact that he had keys of the locker. And he kept him alive, just to put him behind the bars.. for his vengeance or for his sadistic pleasure or may be he became law abiding guy. In Either ways nothing worked. It was as lame as the Ra 1 becoming real.
5) Two of the counter characters were more or like invisible as far as Plot was concerned but yet this was supposed to be a heist film. Ppl may be audacious enough to juxtapose it with MI 4 but i may feel that the level of script and sense of plot was not where close to Fast Five. It was childish.
6) Childish, couple of kids … grown up kids were there, the hacker, the Inter-pol officer…. i guess his name was Arjun in the movie and few more…. could have gone for the better ones. Infact Vindu Dara singh would have been better than Inter-pol officer and as far as Kunal Kapoor is concerned, Lucifer from Ra1 would have been better choice.
7) Don wearing a mask of Hrithik, possible. Don mimicking Hrithik, i cant say that he had an Voice change like Ethan Hunt does with that chip on his throat. Don becoming Tall (sorry no explanation).
8) Jabbar gets the supari to kill DON. wow even Indain Govt should do the same, give some money to Papu yeda or Munna Mobile or Halim Langda and get rid from Honorable Mr Dawood.
9) Finally Currency plates: In 90?s we first saw the best of best in Vishvatma, Azgar juraat had publication house in kenya where he “Publishes” Indian rupees . Please dont ask why and what because at that time the concept as well as the country “Kenya” were new for me so i accepted it humbly. But even The legend Rajiv rai raised the bar by showcasing the Asambhav of Pres of India getting kidnapped. (yeah this Asambhav was made sambhav in his classic). Do i need to crib more on this, i guess this comparison is more than enough.
10) What was the purpose.
a) To get the Printing Plates b) To make fool of ROMA and VARDAN
c) Get all his enemies killed by Police and he gets the imunity d) To Make fool of Audience.
Note: I felt SRK was really good in this episode. At least better than DON 1 but what disappointed me was Farhan Akthar. I have such a high regards for his writing skills and he disappointed.
This was a big let down from his end, it was like an Abbas-Mastan film, I think he could not get a worse comparison than this.