Okay, so we waited until just before the release, for the box office predictions of Salman Khan’s Bodyguard. The film is huge for several reasons..
- Reason 1: Salman Khan is on a career-high, flying higher than ever before. Wanted and Dabangg, both released during EID, were extremely successful at the box office. His only other release this year, Ready, grossed more than 125 crores in India. He is without doubt, the biggest reason to watch the film. Truly a superstar and when you watch him in the first few minutes of the Aaya Re Aaya Bodyguard song, he reminds you of Rajnikanth. The star power, the craze amongst masses and add to it better looks and a wider audience. Salman, if he remains fit and takes care of his health, could remain the biggest superstar for more than a decade!
- Reason 2: Many complain that Salman Khan films have no story, but Bodyguard will be different. The story will be the film’s strong point and will also help its business at multiplexes.
- Reason 3: Kareena Kapoor commands a huge following herself. The music is a hit and the film has enough action for the masses.
So there you go, Bodyguard is a perfect mixture of action, romance, story and star power.. It’ll only help the film achieve universal success.
Still there are a few concerns. Unlike the last few releases of Salman Khan, Bodyguard has huge competition. Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif’s Mere Brother Ki Dulhan releases a week after Bodyguard and this Yashraj release will definitely affect the Week 2 collections of Bodyguard. Fewer screens at multiplexes will mean loss of substantial revenue. In Week 3 there is a Shahid Kapoor’s much-awaited Mausam.
Business at single screens should remain unaffected and Bodyguard should remain the first choice for at least a month, till the release of Force and Rascals!
So what will the collections be like? Below are our predictions.
Bodyguard Box Office Prediction
IF GOOD (very positive word-of-mouth)
- Extended Weekend – 65 – 70 crores (Wednesday to Sunday)
- Weekdays – 30 crores
- Week 1 Total – 95 – 100 crores
- Final – 170 crores+
IF AVERAGE (mixed word-of-mouth)
- Weekend – 60 crores (Wednesday to Sunday)
- Weekdays – 25 crores
- Week 1 Total – 85 crores
- Final – 135 crores
IF BAD (negative word-of-mouth)
- Weekend – 53 crores (Wednesday to Sunday)
- Weekdays – 17 crores
- Week 1 Total – 70 crores
- Final – 90 – 95 crores
What do you think? Will Bodyguard be a HIT or Flop with the audience? How much do you think the film will make during its weekend and what will the final collections be? Post your own predictions, below in the comments section.