Bodyguard is on a dream run at the box office. Below, we sum up the collections of the extended weekend that witnessed the Salman Khan film shatter box office records.
Note: The film released on Wednesday which was a holiday, Thursday was a holiday in some parts of the country due to Ganesh Chathurti.
- Day 1 (21.5 crores) – While the world celebrated EID, Salman Khan fans flocked to theaters as Bodyguard smashed all previous records set by the actor’s last EID release Dabangg. 21 crores in a single day was out-of-world, too hard to believe for many including the star himself
- Day 2 (19 crores) – Recorded the second biggest day in history, as Bodyguard continued to rake in the moolah at the box office. The collections were at some places, double than films like Dabangg and 3 Idiots.
- Day 3 (14.5 crores) – With Friday being a working day, collections dropped by 20-25% almost everywhere. Still, the collections were huge and all eyes were on the last two days of the weekend, as many feared a drop due to mixed word-of-mouth.
- Day 4 (15.5 crores) – It didn’t happen though as collections picked up. The word-of-mouth which was mixed, doesn’t affect Salman Khan films anymore.
- Day 5 ( 18.5 crores) – The expected collections for Sunday is between 16 – 17 crores. Even the morning shows at multiplexes had occupancy of 80-90%. Update: Sunday collections have exceeded initial estimates as the film has broken the Sunday record of Dabangg by a small margin.