Not many have patience to read long reviews these days. So, here is a short review of Always Kabhi Kabhi, which turned out to be a huge disappointment. With Shahrukh Khan as the producer of a film that he claims to be close to his heart, you walk in expecting a film that is atleast entertaining, if not anything else. This film doesn’t, infact it goes on for so long that you stop caring 20 minutes into the second half.
- The screenplay is flawed. From start to finish you don’t connect with the film or its characters. The romance doesn’t work, the way the relationship between teens and their parents is put across on screen completely lacks maturity. What was the director thinking? And what was SRK thinking when he approved a script as flawed as Always Kabhi Kabhi?
- While watching a teen flick, you expect a lot of fun and a few heart-warming moments. Always Kabhi Kabhi lacks both.
- Roshan Abbas as a director does handle a few sequences well, but its as a screenplay writer that he completely fails.
- The film feels to long and unnecessary songs add to the run time.
- Not much apart from a few light moments, two versions of SRK’s Antenna song and a couple of decent performances from Ali Fazal and Zoa Morani.
Overall, Always Kabhi Kabhi completely lacks entertainment value. You’d be better of renting a copy of Aamir Khan’s Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikhander or even the more recent FALTU.Rating:
Always Kabhi Kabhi Box Office : Don’t expect much. Such films rely entirely on word-of-mouth and with poor content, it has no chances! Another open week for Ready to continue its dominance at the box office!