A record-breaking opening, huge 4 day weekend and steady collections during weekdays, has ensured that several records have tumbled with the release of Hrithik Roshan’s Agneepath.
As the film continues it’s good run at the box-office, we have compiled a list of 10 records that now belong to the film and it’s stars.
- Biggest opening day ever – smashed the 6 month record of Bodyguard by a few lakhs.
- Went past the lifetime collections of Hrithik Roshan’s previous biggest grosser Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara in 9 days.
- Agneepath is the third biggest weekend grosser after Bodyguard and Ra One.
- Is the 4th quickest film to cross 100 crores after Bodyguard (7 days), 3 Idiots (9 days), Dabangg (10 days). Agneepath is tied with Ra One (both 11 days) at the 4th spot.
- 3rd biggest Week 1 grosser after Bodyguard (110 crores in 9 days) and Ra One (98 crores in 9 days) – Agneepath did 86.25 crores in 8 days!
- Without major crashes, the film should beat Ghajini (115 crores) and take the 5th spot for the highest grosser ever in India. Has a slight chance of going past Salman Khan’s Ready too. If it does, it’ll take the 4th spot after 3 Idiots, Bodyguard and Dabangg.
- Hrithik Roshan is the 5th actor to join the 100 crore club after Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan and SRK
- Karan Malhotra is the second director to deliver a 100 crore film on debut, after Abhinav Kashyap (Dabangg).
- Agneepath is also the first Dharma Productions’ film to cross 100 crores in India.
- Priyanka Chopra now has two 100 crore films in 2 months – Don 2 and Agneepath.