After a good first weekend, Agneepath continued it’s good run at the box-office during the weekdays. The film was declared a clean-hit during it’s 4 day weekend. If it manages to pick up further on Sunday and remains steady from it’s second monday onwards, Agneepath has a decent chance to attain ‘Blockbuster’ status.
On Sunday, the Karan Malhotra directed film is likely to cross the 100 crore mark. Hrithik Roshan would be the 5th actor after Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan and Shahrukh Khan to join the 100 crore club.
The release of Gali Gali Chor Hai didn’t affect Agneepath, but the India vs Australia cricket matches – which ironically is called the Agneepath series – made a small dent in collections. Ek Main Aur Ek Tu releases this week, but since the film is targeted mainly at the Urban audience, Agneepath will continue to remain the first choice at single-screens where it’s doing very well.
Breakdown of collections
- Day 1 (Thursday) – 22 crores
- Day 2 (Friday) – 11 crores
- Day 3 (Saturday) – 13 crores
- Day 4 (Sunday) – 16.5 crores
- Day 5 (Monday) – 7.5 crores
- Day 6 (Tuesday) – 6.5 crores
- Day 7 (Wednesday) – 5.5 crores
- Day 8 (Thursday) – 4.25 crores
- Day 9 (Friday) – 3.25 crores
- 4 Day Weekend – 62.5 crores
- 8 Day Week 1 – 86.25 crores
- So far in 9 Days – 89.5 crores
Verdict – Superhit or Blockbuster