The Mumbai police have revealed exactly what transpired between Jiah Khan and her boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi (son of actor Aditya Pancholi) between June 1st and her death on June 3rd at around 11:30PM.
- June 1st Early morning: Jiah Khan leaves for Hyderabad to audition for a Tamil film. However, she is turned down and the casting directors tell her she is too under-weight for the role
- June 1st 7PM: Jiah returns to Mumbai. Sources said she was upset and told her mother that her career in the film industry was going nowhere and she was contemplating becoming an interior designer
- June 1st 9PM: Jiah goes to her boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi’s residence at Gandhigram Road in Juhu, Vile Parle (West). She stays at his house for the night and the following day
- June 2nd 7PM: Jiah and Sooraj have dinner at a Juhu-based five-star hotel, following which he drops her home at Sagar Sangeet building in Juhu
June 3rd 2013: On the day Jiah Khan hung herself to death
- Morning: Jiah and Sooraj exchange several calls and text messages. Police said at least 10 calls, each lasting for over two minutes, are made between the couple, apart from seven to eight text messages
- 7pm: Jiah tells Sooraj over the phone that she has bagged roles in three films
- 8.45pm: Sooraj sends a congratulatory bouquet to her residence, which is delivered by his help Deva
- 9pm: After Sooraj does not respond to her calls, Jiah sends him a text message: “Why are you so cold?” Sooraj replies saying he is busy with work. Jiah then expresses suspicion that he is dating another woman, to which Sooraj replies that she is misunderstanding him. The police on Tuesday said that the woman who Jiah suspected is Sooraj’s jeweller.
- 9.15pm: Jiah goes to the watchman of her building, gives him the bouquet asking him to throw it, and returns to her apartment
- 9.30pm: Jiah goes to Sooraj’s residence and calls him from outside, but he does not answer. She then calls Deva, who says Sooraj is busy as he is talking to his father, actor Aditya Pancholi
- 9.50pm: Jiah returns to her apartment
- 10.53pm: Jiah calls Sooraj and has a two-minute-long conversation with him
- 11.07pm: She messages him saying if things continue the way they are, she will return to London
- Between 11.07pm and 11.22pm: Sooraj sends Jiah three messages requesting her to call him, but she does not respond.
- 11.23pm: Jiah’s mother Rabea returns home and finds her hanging from the ceiling fan in her bedroom.