Most depressing movies of all time (sad ending)
Most Bollywood movies have a feel-good ending, after many twists and turns, two lovers always unite. But its a myth that only such movies work at the Indian box-office.
Dont you think sad / depressing movies make a bigger impact and stay with you much longer?
Here’s a list of the top few most depressing / sad / tragic Bollywood movies of all time. You can post your views and list too, go over to the comments section below.
1) Mother India – The 1957 classic is an Oscar nominated film. What do I say? Brilliant performances, role of a lifetime for Nargis. Watch it if you haven’t already.
2) Vaastav – One of the best Gangster films to be produced by Bollywood and what a climax. Tragic, unfortunate, depressing… yet the film lingers in your mind long long after the credits roll.
3) Anand – The whole friendship between Amitabh and Rajesh Khanna, the cancer issue, those dialogues, the death scene, the voice recording scene.. Brilliant. Rajesh Khanna was mind blowing!
4) Tere Naam – This movie is under-rated and its arguably Salman Khan’s best performance this decade. Music is Himesh Reshammiya’s best as a music composer.
5) Sholay – The death scene of Amitabh Bachchan, ensures a sense of profound loss. The film is filled with tragedy and that’s exactly what makes it great. Most believe Sholay to be the best film ever, we disagree. Most definitely one of the best, but certainly not “the best” ever.
That’s it for now. Do post your very own list of sad depressing Bollywood movies, below.