Do Knot Disturb Movie Review
The comic duo of David Dhawan and Govinda, who have produced hits like Haseena Maan Jayegi, Coolie No 1, Saajan Chale Sasural, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan to name a few, get together once again for ‘Do Knot Disturb’. The laugh riot also features Ritesh Deshmukh, Ranvir Shorey and Rajpal Yadav with Sushmita Sen and Lara Dutta as the female stars. So can the Govinda – Dhawan duo who have worked in more than 15 films together, come up with yet another winner?
The movie is yet another take on the institution of marriage. It is about the entangled affairs of a rich business man (Govinda), who basically is living life king-sized on his wife’s (Sushmita Sen) money. With everything running on the beats of his wife, the frustrated husband gets involved with a supermodel (Lara Dutta). However, his wife smells something fishy and hires a private detective (Ranvir Shorey) to keep an eye on the moves of her husband. To save his marriage and to break the mistrust of his wife, Govinda bribes a waiter (Ritesh Deshmukh) and asks him to pretend to be the model’s boyfriend. The waiter in desperate need of money to treat his sick mother agrees to act as the super model’s boyfriend. Oh wait, thats not it. The super model also has a angry ex-boyfriend (Sohail Khan) whom she dumped for the richness of this married man. But he still seems to be madly in love with her. How this knotty affair is resolved forms the rest of the tale.
Do Knot Disturb Review
Why you may want to watch Do Knot disturb
- If your a David Dhawan or Govinda fan, go for it.
- Since its a David Dhawan movie, there is no scope for any logic whatsoever. So leave your brains back at home, try and enjoy whatever the director has in store.
- Do not Disturb does manage to bring out the laughter pangs and entertain you. The initial reels are entertaining.
- Some dialogues are witty and funny.
- Govinda easily outshines the rest of the cast. Does tend to overact quite a few times, but his comic timing is still intact. Ritesh Deskmukh too has a good sense of comic timing and effortlessly carries off his role.
- Sushmita Sen has put on a lot of weight for her role, yet she looks good and acts well. Ranvir Shorey and Manoj Pahwa are good.
- Cinematography is great, everything looks beautiful. But you do wonder if your in Delhi or some foreign location.
Why Do Knot Disturb is not worth the trip to theaters
- Like most David Dhawan films the plot is wafer-thin. The director tries hard but Do Knot Disturb doesn’t come close to being as good as those numerous hits of the 90s. If you go in expecting this to be another comic classic, you will come out disappointed.
- The movie lacks consistent entertainment; starts off well – dips, bores – picks up and eventually the climax was abrupt.
- Songs are just a waste of time, unnecessarily included. Placement of songs again reminds you of most of the directors previous films.
- Lara Dutta indulges in loads of skin-show and over-acts at every given opportunity. Her performance felt more like a retard than a naive yet spoilt model.
- Rajpal Yadav is being type-cast in similar roles.
Overall, Do Knot Disturb scattered fun. It entertains in bits and pieces but not enough to deserve the price of your ticket. 2 on 5 stars
Post your Do Knot Disturb reviews and ratings below