With Khiladi 786 all set for release next weekend, superstar Akshay Kumar talks about the Khiladi series, his love for action films and a lot more..
On success and failure
- I don’t take a big hit too seriously also, because the next Friday you have to go in the same circle… you never know what will happen the next Friday. I just take it as it comes. I just work and entertain.
On the Khiladi series
- After ‘Khiladi 420’, I stopped (doing action movies) because I got married. I just wanted to work on comedy, romance and everything. Being a father and a husband, a man has to settle down a little bit. Now my son has grown up, I want to go back to action.
On his return to action films
- It is a great thing to return to action. It is my love. I have been in this industry because of action. I have tournaments of action. I have my own personal gyms. Action is what I am. It’s because of action that I am here
Case of demand and supply
- Audience wants this from me. They want over-the-top action (movies). These are their demands and we have to try and give it to them. The films are made for everybody. Not only masses but classes also love this
The overseas audience
- Only action doesn’t work in overseas. But when you join it with comedy, it works. People want their actors to do comedy too. They don’t want any comedians next to the actor. They want one solo hero and want to see everything in him