Aamir Khan Unknown Facts!
Aamir Khan has come a long way since his debut in ‘Holi’ way back in 1984. The superstar, who is extremely choosy when it comes to the films that he decides to be a part of, is one of the biggest brands in India today.
While the actor commands a huge fan-following all over the world, there are quite a few facts that not even his fans are aware of. We have a collection of Aamir Khan Trivia.
Know a Aamir Khan fact that we don’t? Feel free to post them in the comments section below.
Aamir Khan Unknown Facts
- Aamir Khan’s full name is Aamir Hussain Khan.
- Aamir has acted in two movies as a child actor – Yaadon Ki Baarat (1973) and Madhosh (1974).
- His acting debut as an adult was in Ketan Mehta’s Holi (1984) and not Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988).
- Aamir did not give an interview to any Hindi magazine including Filmfare, Stardust, Cineblitz etc for close to 10 years.
- He almost rejected Ashutosh Gowariker’s Oscar nominated Lagaan. 6 drafts of the film were made, Aamir didn’t like any. He liked the 7th draft so much, that he decided to produce the film himself.
- Unlike several other actors, Aamir never agrees to do a film without a bound script – irrespective of the director or production house.
- Aamir started the ‘one-movie-at-a-time’ trend in Bollywood, when most actors were shooting for 2 or more films simultaneously. Now, most top actors in the industry only take up one movie at a time.
- For Sarfarosh, Aamir used to dub in the morning to get a rough voice.
- The actor did not bathe for several days to get into the skin of his character in Ghulam!
- Aamir is credited for the screenplay of Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke.
- Aamir’s first wife, Reena Dutta can be seen in one scene during the song ‘Papa Kehte Hain Bada Naam Karega’ in the movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
- Aamir Khan loves playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket.
- Aamir married Kiran Rao, who worked as an assistant director of Lagaan.
- Although Aishwarya Rai was one of the top actresses of the late 90s and 2000s, she has never worked with Aamir Khan in a film. The closest they have come to working together is in the Coke commercial.
- The ‘Perfectionist’ hired a tutor to aid him in acquiring Punjabi accent for his character in Rang De Basanti.
- His first Filmfare Best Actor Award was for his performance in Raja Hindustani.
- Aamir Khan took special permission from Amitabh Bachchan to use his son Abhishek’s example in Taare Zameen Par.
- Aamir has not entirely director Taare Zameen Par. Ad filmmaker Ram Madhvani has directed an entire song Bheja Kum in the film. Aamir was not even present on the sets when the song was shot in Panchgani.
- After reading the script of Ghajini, Aamir asked director A.R. Murugadoss to approach instead!
- Aamir is the only Indian actor to decline the offer to be immortalised at Madame Tussauds, a popular wax-museum in UK.
- He waxed his entire body to play a woman in Baazi.
- Aamir can solve the Rubik’s Cube in less than 13 minutes.
- Aamir actually got his ears pierced for Lagaan.
Movies that Aamir Khan rejected
- Shankar, one of the biggest directors from the Tamil industry, offered Aamir Khan the lead role in “Nayak – The Real Hero”. When he rejected, Anil Kapoor was signed as the protagonist.
- Aamir was the first choice to play ’s character in Yash Chopra’s Darr.
- Aamir was also the first choice to play ’s role in Lawrence D’Souza Saajan. The makers were keen on casting Salman and Aamir together, the later didn’t like his character, Dutt loved it and instantly agreed to be a part of the film.
- Sooraj Barjatya’s Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, one of the biggest blockbusters in history, was offered to Aamir who failed to identify with the character of Prem. He didn’t find the script too appealing either.
- Mansoor Khan first came to Aamir to play Shahrukh Khan’s character in Josh. Once again, Aamir didn’t find the script too interesting.
- Aamir was approached for the role of Narendra Singh in Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1942: A Love Story. Rejected!
- Soon after the historic success of Lagaan, Ashutosh Gowariker wrote the Swades script with Aamir in mind. The actor didn’t like the script. Ashutosh then approached , who rejected it too. A disappointed Gowariker then went to Shahrukh Khan, who loved the script and signed the film! While Swades didn’t work at the box office, it’s widely considered to be one of the best films of SRK’s career. He also won the Filmfare Best Actor award for his performance.