Plenty of surprises in the list of the Top 5 tax payers of 2009. Read on to find out who made it and who didn’t..
5) Rajesh Khanna (7 crores) – Huge surprise, Rajesh Khanna who is no longer the superstar he once was, makes a grand entry to the elite list. Supposedly, the yesteryear actor has paid off all his arrears (unpaid – overdue) from the last few years.
4) Saif Ali Khan (8.5 crores) – Saif endorses close to 10 brands and his home production Love Aaj Kal is one of the biggest hits of 2009.
3) Salman Khan (14 crores) – At number 3 is the favorite Khan of the masses. His movies may not perform well in cities, but walk into some of the smaller towns and you’ll know just why several brands have been signing him as their brand ambassador.
2) Shahrukh Khan (31 crores) – They say he’s worth more than 2000 crores. Every brand wants a piece of him. He is the owner of one of the most loved (and hated) team in the IPL – the Kolkata Knight Riders. His last real failure (if you ignore some of his extended special appearances) was half a decade ago when Paheli tanked without a trace at the box office. At 44, this Khan shows no signs of stopping!
1) Akshay Kumar (31 crores+) – Surprise, surprise. Or is it really that big a surprise considering the eye-popping figures that he charges per film? Akshay Kumar is the highest tax-payer of 2009, despite almost all his films under performing at the box office!! He does 4 movies (sometimes more) a year, failures seem to have stopped affecting his box office power and he continues to rake in the moolah, through films, advertisments and anchoring television shows.
To name a few stars missing from the list, Aamir Khan who had 30% stakes in 3 Idiots, Hrithik Roshan who has topped the list on more than one occasion in the last few years and the Bachchans – Amitabh , Abhishek and Aishwarya. Katrina Kaif too doesn’t make it to the list.
What do you think of the list? Comments below