We are starting a new feature called Top Ten, a weekly special that will cover something new each week. Today, we start off with the Top 10 Actors in Bollywood.
- We have included all movies from 2010. With others who feature in just one film per year or those who didn’t have a release in 2010, we have taken only their last 3 films into consideration.
- This particular list is based on the box office performance of movies in India only.
- Movies with actors in small supporting roles or guest appearances have been ignored.
Top 10 Actors in Bollywood, we start with number 10…
Number 10 – Emraan Hashmi
- Helped by Once Upon A Time In Mumbai, which also starred Ajay Devgan, Emraan Hashmi makes a surprise entry into the Top 10.
- Crook (October 2010) – 12 crores
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbai (July 2010) – 58 crores
- Tum Mile (November 2009) – 10 crores
- Total – 80 crores
- Average per movie – 26.5 crores
Number 9 – Imran Khan
- Imran Khan started off in a big way but apart from I Hate Luv Story’s his other films have failed to work at the box office.
- Break Ke Baad (November 2010) – 17 crores
- I Hate Luv Storys (July 2010) – 44 crores
- Luck (July 2009) – 21 crores
- Total – 82 crores
- Average per movie – 27 crores
Number 8 – Saif Ali Khan
- Saif had no release in 2010, Love Aaj Kal remains his biggest solo grosser.
- Kurbaan (November 2009) – 24 crores
- Love Aaj Kal (July 2009) – 66 crores
- Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (June 2008) – 22 crores
- Total – 112 crores
- Average per movie – 37 crores
Number 7 – Hrithik Roshan
- The last time we did a similar list, Hrithik Roshan, fresh from the super-success of Krrish and Dhoom 2, was right on the top of the list. But after the failure of Kites and Guzaarish, he’s slumped down to No 7.
- Guzaarish (November 2010) – 30 crores
- Kites (May 2010) – 49 crores
- Jodha Akbar (February 2008) – 62 crores
- Total – 141 crores
- Average per movie – 47 crores
Number 6 – Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar had a decent 2010. With all his movies combined, he hit the 200 crore mark! Not as bad as the media makes it out to be, is it?
- Tees Maar Khan (December 2010) – 62 crores
- Action Replay (November 2010) – 27 crores
- Khatta Meetha (July 2010) – 40 crores
- Housefull (April 2010) – 72 crores
- Total – 201 crores
- Average per movie – 50 crores
Number 5 – Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir is rising and rising quick. Almost all his films except Rocket Singh have done well at the box office. He’s by far the youngest in the Top 5.
- Anjaana Anjaani (September 2010) – 40 crores
- Raajneethi (June 2010) – 93 crores
- Rocket Singh (December 2009) – 21 crores
- Total – 154 crores
- Average per movie – 51 crores
Number 4 – Ajay Devgan
- Ajay Devgan is rocking these days, he’s currently one of the most bankable actors in the country and the numbers below are staggering for a Ajay Devgan film. Who would have thought 2010 would be his year?
- Golmaal 3 (Number 2010) – 108 crores
- Aakrosh (October 2010) – 14 crores
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbai – 58 crores
- Athithi Tum Kab Jaoge (March 2010) – 30 crores
- Total – 210 crores
- Average per movie – 61 crores
Number 3 – Salman Khan
- Don’t be surprised if Chulbul Pandey makes it to the top by the end of 2012, he has some hugely potential box office blockbusters up for release in the coming two years, which includes the sequel to Dabangg!
- Dabangg (September 2010) – 144 crores
- Veer (January 2010) – 37 crores
- London Dreams (October 2009) – 29 crores
- Total – 210 crores
- Average per movie – 70 crores
Number 2 – Shahrukh Khan
- The most consistent Khan of all, Shahrukh Khan has sustained his place at the top ever since he started his career. Again, his upcoming films promise huge box office returns. Can he make it to the top once again?
- My Name Is Khan (February 2010) – 73 crores
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (December 2008) – 85 crores
- Om Shanti Om (November 2007) – 81 crores
- Total – 239 crores
- Average per movie – 80 crores
Number 1 – Aamir Khan
- And at No 1 is Aamir Khan. He’s currently far far ahead of the competition. Each of his films earn approximately 50 crores more than the second best! His numbers speak for themselves, don’t they?
- 3 Idiots (December 2009) – 203 crores
- Ghajini (December 2008) – 115 crores
- Taare Zameen Par (December 2007) – 62 crores
- Total – 380 crores
- Average per movie – 127 crores
- Abhishek Bachchan with a 3 film average of 22 crores, John Abraham with an average of 20 crores and Shahid Kapoor with a 23 crore average.. came close but couldn’t make it to the Top 10. Abhishek didn’t make it mainly because of Ashutosh Gowariker’s Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, an epic box office disaster.
- Aamir’s last 3 films have netted 380 crores at the box office. 141 crores more than Shahrukh’s and 170 crores more than Salman in the same number of films!
- Aamir’s 3 Idiots alone has netted more than 8 Abhishek Bachchan movies in the last 3 – 4 years.
- Irrespective of how other films perform, Aamir should retain the top spot in the Top 10 Actors list atleast for another year.
As usual, comments below
salman all the way…akki ll b left behind this year too
Great job indicine,
this year the raking may change, there is every possibility Shahrukh may top the list in 2011, just because Aamir khanís Dhobi Ghat(though it is offbit & unusual film) didnít not do as excepted and most probably his next movie will come in 2012. Where as Shahrukh Khan has 2 big budget movie are lining up & traderís expectation are huge from the movie.
Similarly apna Sallu Bhai will surely create some more magic this year also. Before 3 month of release Ready is a talking point every where.
Amazing job indicine. So glad to have you back… your articles and features really stand out and thats what makes your site so good.
Its sad that Hrithik is down to No 7… hes a much better actor and much bigger star than Ranbir and Ajay devgn.. hmmm I hope Zindagi Na Mile Dobara works and works big.. cant wait to watch that movie.. Krrish 2 is also coming up :) lots to look forward to.
SHAH RUKH KHAN is number 1
ofcourse 2011 is going to be SRk’s year…DON 2 and RA 1…cant imagine wat is goin to happen at boxoffice…
salmaan is the best and he is so honest
NICE WORK DONE BY THE INDICINE TEAM BUTTTTTTTTTT AFTER ALL THIS IS ONLY A MERE STAT…..V ALL KNOW WHO RULES OUR HEART i.e NONE OTHER THAN OUR OWN SRK——THE TRUE KING KHAN…..NO ONE CAN COME CLOSE 2 HIM AS HE IS MILES AHEAD OF ALL OTHERZZZZZ…
MATHEMATICS OF BOLLYWOOD: AAMIR KHAN + SALMAN KHAN + AMITABH BACHAN+ HRITIK ROSHAN + AKSHAY KUMAR < SHAH RUKH KHAN
great job to have you back indicine
Please keep updating stuff
Yes Aamir khan uu good
Chulbul pandeyy is not faar behind aamr
I think INDICINE has to calculate rate of success by each year film if this has to be than SRK will be no. 1 OR else Past ten years record in that case also SRK IS NO. 1 & finally if u look the perfomance of an actor over the past 20 years than even though SRK will TOP.
any how calculation of actor according to BOX office success its ok…………..
But if u reallly want to calculate no. 1 actor than go with other areas like
1.Hrithik Roshan .
4.Saif ali khan.
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii you are th
for rani mukherjee
happy birthday to you sweet rani you done a great job in indian movies from ghulam to no one killed jessica
i need akshay kumar for usa tour
Based on the past decade:
2) Salman Khan
3) Aamir Khan
4) Akshay Kumar
7) Ajay Devgn
8) Ranvir Kapoor
9) Saif Ali Khan
10) Johnathon Abraham
King kumar will be back
i do not know how you given this list.
its wrong .srk is the best actor ever ever and forever
king khan is the best he is aliving legend no one can be near him
a.k ll be back with Thank you… or tees maar khan or action replay ka sirf 1st week ka collection likha hai …kuch pata bi hai indicine ko …ya aese hi logo ka ullu bana re ho…
i like ur list. Its nice to see u back. after don2 and ra1 srk will be number 1 again.
dears mano ya na mano akhshay is the best actor forever…….!
KKR MEANS KING KHAN RULED FROM 2011-NOT STOP
KKR KING KHAN WILL RULED THE BOLLYWOOD INDUSTRY AND KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS WILL ROCK IN 2011 IPL . SHAHRUKH KHAN U R ROCK .U R THE NO – 1 ACTOR IN THIS CENTURIES
THX INDICINE: use ur logic…HRITIK IS UNCOMPARABLE…STOP BELIEVING @ MEDIA…HRITIK IS MUCH MORE SUPERIOR N DYNAMIC THAN OTHERS
1 EMRAAN HASHMI BEST
3.Shah Rukh Khan
10.Imran Khan. This is my list of top ten actor of bolliwood in 2010.
Ajay Devgn rocks…..he is sultan of bolliwood.
Ajay Devgn is the no.1 actor in bolliwood,he is allrounder actor,no one can stand in front of ajay devgn acting,his once upon a time in mumbai,Gangagal,Apharan,Golmaal,Khake,Hum dil de chuke sanam,the legaend of bhagat singh,zakham,Dewangee,Dilwale,payar to hona hi tha etc….film,he can do each n every charactor action,comday,romance,serious….no one like him he is the best,love you ajay devgn
mano ya na mano but srk is the best actor in bollywood. sare actor to abhi n.1 ho ke khus ho rahe but srk to 15 year se n.1 par hai aur rahega all the best srk
i agreed with the list , its true, but then srk has many hits n blockbusters if we touch the history, ammir is only 010 hit while srk is history , wait for the upcomin ra1 n don2 srk will rock, n will host the no1 spot inshallah <3 srk ever n forever..
yesssssss aamir khan is no.1 actor he is like subka baapppp