Tere Bin Laden is a comedy directed by Abhishek Sharma. The funny yet controversial title along with the hilarious promos have ensured decent buzz around this film that carries no star-value. Pakistani pop singer Ali Zafar plays the lead role.
The film is about a news reporter from Pakistan, who dreams of going to the US. After several failed attempts to immigrate, he comes across a Osama Bin Laden look-a-like. He hatches a plan to produce a fake Bin Laden video and sell it to news channels. What follows is a funny yet witty film that deserves a watch in theater.
Why the film is one of the better comedies in recent times (Positives)
- Tere Bin Laden is not only well-scripted but flawlessly directed by Abhishek Sharma. Not since Rajkumar Hirani way back in 2003 with Munnabhai MBBS has a director, on debut, come up with a film as entertaining, as enjoyable as Tere Bin Laden.
- Its non-stop entertainment and the length (100 mins) is just right. The pace is perfect, the dialogues are witty, the performances are brilliant and some of the scenes are outright hilarious.
- The film is a fine blend of slapstick comedy, a bit of silliness and subtle sarcasm.
- The music is good, especially Ullu Da Patha. And although the film has been shot in Hyderabad, it actually looks like set in Karachi – Pakistan. Great attention to detail.
Why the film isn’t worth a watch (Negatives)
- Honestly, can’t think of any. One of the only films in a long time that we wished was longer!
- On second thought, the lack of star value could go against the film at the box office.
- Ali Zafar is just about perfect for the role and he does a fabulous job.
- Sugandha Garg (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) is fantastic. Pradhuman Singh is brilliant.
- The rest – Rahul Singh, Piyush Mishra, Barry John – are all good.
Overall, Tere Bin Laden is a must watch in theater. You shouldn’t be missing this, its a lot of fun.Rating: