Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court – 26 days after he was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in the drug related case.
Aryan spent 6 days in the NCB custody, followed by 20 days at Mumbai’s notorious Arthur Road Jail.
On October 21, Shah Rukh stepped out publicly for the first time after his son’s arrest to meet him at the jail.
While Salman Khan visited SRK’s residence ‘Mannat’ soon after the arrest, Hrithik Roshan was the other big name to publicly come out in support.
Timeline of Aryan Khan’s Drug case
- October 2: NCB conducts raids at the Cordelia Cruise, which was set to cruise from Mumbai to Goa. 10 people are detained. Early reports emerge that a ‘superstar’s son’ is one among the detained.
- October 3: The NCB confirms that Aryan Khan, his friend Arbaaz Merchant and model Munmun Dhamecha have been arrested and remanded to NCB custody.
- October 4: Aryan is produced before a city court. The NCB claims to possess WhatsApp conversations between Aryan and international drug peddlers. Court gives NCB his custody till October 7.
- October 7: Several arrests are made, including a foreign national. Aryan is sent to judicial custody for 14 days. He seeks bail immediately.
- October 8: Magistrate court rejects the bail. SRK’s son is sent to the dreaded Arthur Road jail, where he will be given the same treatment as hardened criminals. Request for home cooked food is rejected.
- October 9-14: Aryan’s advocate seek urgent hearing of his bail plea. The court reserves its order for October 20.
- October 20: Special NDPS court rejects bail – raising fears that Aryan could spend the Diwali week – which includes his father’s 56th birthday on November 2nd – in the jail. The court rejecting the bail also raises questions on whether the judge sees merit in the case and on whether Aryan could be in deeper trouble than previously expected.
- October 21: Shah Rukh makes his first public appearance after the arrest, visits his son at the Arthur Road Jail. On the same day, media begins reporting a NCB raid at SRK’s residence Mannat, which later turns out to be a visit to get some documents. Aryan’s lawyers move the Bombay High Court for bail.
- October 26: High Court begins its hearing.
- October 28: High Court grants bail to Aryan Khan, 27 days after the NCB detained him.
Even though the bail has been granted and Aryan is a free-man for the time being – the legal battle will continue in the months to come.
There have been media reports that Shah Rukh’s family is expected to put Aryan under ‘house arrest’ as his moves will be tracked closely by the NCB as well as the media.
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh has put his work on hold for the time being. It will be relief for the family and him that the bail was granted before the court goes on a week-long holiday for Diwali.
Indicine also gets bailed out finally..!!
So good to see @indicine coming back u guys are part of our teenage life n congratulations to aryan n his whole family ?
You were waiting for Aryan to get bail..so which review will be your 1st one?
welcome back, indicine. missed you all these years… all those Q/A sessions & predictions. just stay this time.
Oh, after a long time!
Welcome back!! So many awesome memories with you guys ????
Missing you a lot @Indicine. Welcome back. Hopefully you’ll not disappear again.
Oho! Look who I got to know is back from my instagram!! Welcome back the number one Salman Khan supporter site. #JustKidding
I am angry with you. You did not allow me to troll zero opening which took a huge 18.78 crore opening and failed to cross even tube light opening. Those days are gone now. By the way Srk has created a world record of not giving clean hit for 7 years and its still continuing. He is the only one to achieve this among all the khans and even including akshay kumar.
Now we are all waiting for sooryavanshi which will be akshay kumar’s first hgoty and 30 crore opener.
get a life dude
Nul choos lo
Welcome back indicine
WELCOME BACK INDICINE, I am so much happy right now!!!!! And an article on such a wonderful news, I LOVE IT!!!
hi idicine team…how are u all..i am following u since 2011
Good to see you again
Wow Good News For Bollywood Lovers
Finally Indicine Come Back After 3 Years Vanwaas….
Bas Itna Bata Do Indicine Team Ki Kyu Nahi The Itne Din….
Great to see you guys back…just happened to type in ur url today…so happy….
Btw what happened?? Why were you missing?
Finally Indicine is back…………….. Cant express in words how i missed ur articles.
Welcome back indicine
Bring back all ludos now
Keep windows open
i knew u would come back Indicine in time to promote my upcoming movie Sooryavanshi
All fans dont waste time here and watch my movie in cinema
Chup kar piccolo kahin ka
My movie lol
Joh deto traas, tyancha mi gheto class…mera movie hai ye..
Welcome back, Indicine. Wish to see more articles and updates from you. Since many movies are lined up for release. Gonna glued up on this page now.
Though, at the same time it makes me question your decision of coming back as well. No post from 5 days :(
Nevertheless Welcome back! Hope we get to see more from you.
ANK is this you?
ANK to naam sai hi koi hootiya lag raha hai
Oh damn… Today I learnt you returned.
How are my boys doing? @Tiger-the real king who would get offended for Salman like Salman is his family, @sss who had same emotions for SRK, @xzone the classiest guy here, @Javed who almost faked his illness lmao, @hrithik who at the age of over 40 would fight like a teen with lots of exclamation marks !!!! (Things we do being fans of), @Saksham who would write a long ass essay of the obvious for everything, my brother @ANK, Sky one of the lesser Aamir fans here, Navin who ran his Salmir agenda being an Aamir fan, Ultron Salmaniac who actually was Ajay Devgn fan (Saath me bolo Zubaan kesari), Anand-the original who was just somewhere between hrithik and Salman, @Sunny Akkiholic the irritating guy, @honest man the ultimate SRK hater and Salman fan…
I was a kid who had just passed my board exams when Indicine disappeared and now I am far from my home , country pursuing higher studies. Indicine was basically an integral part of my teenage days. I saw indicine going from having soft corner for SRK at times being really biased to writing nonsense articles with unreasonable data favoring Salman (At least we felt/knew so). Was disappointed, happy, angry, cool whatever Still checked this site every day. Now I got to know you guys were back. Missed you!! Stick around people. And please resume those Sundays QnA. I wont be able to be that active like before.. but won’t miss checking in at least once a week.
Itís not funny man. I am still about to die. My last wish was to see srk on his birthday & i went to mannat but he didnít meet me. Now my last wish is to see Pathan before i die.
Bass karr bhai.. aur kitna bolega
Oh and also @Prashant Abhisekh: The most sensitive SRK fan. @Challa the reasonable SRK fan.
Cancer ki gaamd maar di mai nai
Those were the golden days of #indicine..haha..
Hopefully u r doing well.
@sayar Previously i faked but now i am a true srk fan
Are you the real navin because i really need to know
I am the real navin. Would have shown my asset to prove it but canít do it on this website.
Same emotional bro
Loved your comment
I too remember all these guys.
Specially Xzone, sss, Challa, Navin(although we were always fighting)
It was fun…my whole college life went reading and commenting
Come back all of you….if u survived Corona
And @Indicine please start posting more
Agla article nxt yr ayega kia mythal indicine
Ohh My Ghosh u r Back… feel happy
Hey guys, welcome back. But tell is the full story about your disappearing.. We all missed u a lot. Plz continue putting regular posts now…
Just randomly checked the website and saw you were back for just one article.
So much has changed since the last time and we really need a reliable source to get our bollywood updates.
Please come back Indicind
And just like that, as unexpectedly as it came back, Indicine disappeared again…
Indicine bc mc
Yeh page sell karke kuch paise hi kamale
Kyun waste kar raha hai apni following?
3.5 crore on monday
Gayee Bachchan Pandey paani mein ?
Please come back indicine we miss you